Monday, May 17, 2010

To infinity and beyond

Hi and happy Monday!
Today I'm just sharing a card which was a bit of an experiment - I printed the image from Mo onto watercolor paper and tried spraying it with fixative. Didn't work, by the time the ink didn't bleed any more the watercolors were just pooling on surface. So I went in with Copics instead and the result was quite interesting - because of the partial sealing of the paper markers were behaving like watercolors as well.



Papers were all from my scrap folder so no idea what they are, sorry. The ribbons are from my stash, buttons from Basic Grey and pins from Fancy Pants.



I am not particularly happy with the card itself, I needed it quick so just threw together but I wanted to show a happy accident. Because I think the textured feel of the image looks kinda cool!

I'd like to enter that card into following challenges:
Crafty Cardmakers - Distressed
Totally Papercrafts - Wedding/anniversary (this was my anniversary card for my hubby)
Stamping For The Weekend - A card for a Male
Cute Card Thursday - Someone Special
A Spoon Full Of Sugar - 3 buttons and 3 designer papers

Thanks for looking and happy crafting!
Hugs


22 comments:

Unknown said...

I love it! What a great card!
Hugs
Kim
x

debb said...

Such a beautiful card- I love the results of the copics and the finish/spray stuff! Thank you for sharing this!

Sheri Gilson said...

Gorgeous card!! I love the textured look!!

Linda Coughlin, the funkie junkie said...

Wow, just awesome coloring on this image. Thanks for sharing that technique. I'm really impressed with the dog's fur - wonderful job on it. I'm also struggling with the watercoloring on digis process. It's probably good that the Copics pooled because I have been told that using Copics on watercolor paper will suck your markers dry in no time at all.

Hope you are having a good day today!

Hugs,
Linda

Stef H said...

omgoodness! this is gorgeous!

cnelson said...

sooooo sweet!!

Roxx.T Barnes said...

Awe..Annika this is a beautiful card.Happy accident,the fur on the dog looks great..so much texture looks real. Happy Anniversary

Alice & Crafts said...

What a beautiful card!!! :-) and happy anniversary! ;-) Alice x

-Sanna- said...

Oh... this was really sweet.
Beautiful coloring...

Netty said...

Gorgeous card, love watercolour paper it gives an extra dimension. Annette x

Therese said...

Wow, it turned out fantastic. The dogs fur looks awesome. Great layaout as well. Have a wonderful day. We are celebrating the norwegian constitution day, I`m so stuffed....."lol" :)

Julie said...

such a cutie little image,it's always good to experiment,especially when like this time you get such good results.x

Inkerbelle said...

This absolutely looks like watercolours. I would have never thought Copics, LOL. So the fixative did not hurt yr Copics, then?
It looks marvelous!

Sylvia from Minnesota said...

Annika, very artsy, without a doubt I like it.

debby4000 said...

Fabulous card Annika, adorable cute image and love the how the pens work with the watercolour paper.
luv
Debby

crafty amy said...

This is so cute and that colour effect is brilliant (even if it was a happy acident lol) :D
I am looking frward to working with you at stampin' for the weekend.

Hugs

Amy xx

Mina said...

fabulous Annika, dont you love it when accidents work even better than the idea, if you know what I mean, well I do lol...I love this fabulous image, and great colours for it
Mina xxx

Kathy Czygan said...

I love the way the coloring turned out! The texture is awesome on it. I like the layout, and the stitching around the image. It's nice when what you think is going to be a disaster is actually excellent!

Dawn B. said...

Oh my goodness this is incredible.. I love this.. It is so sweet. Your coloring is amazing...Great card.

Sue from Oregon said...

Outstanding!

Sylvia Blum said...

ohhhh... you wanted to color with watercolors? would have loved to see this (I thought you're a Copic maniac only *lol*)
But this looks so adorable and you're right.. looks a little bit like watercoloring although! :)

Another fantastic creation you made, Annika! You're soooooo uber talented, girl!
{hugs} Sylvia

Unknown said...

What a wonderful anniversary card Annika, I bet your hubby loved it, great image.

Thank you for joining us this week at Totally Papercrafts.

Hugs

Joanne x

Related Posts with Thumbnails