Sunday, May 23, 2010

Sentimental Sundays - Get Well Card

This time at Sentimental Sundays we are looking for cards which we never have enough in our stash - Get Well cards. At least I know that I never can find one when I need it.




I used the image from Isabella's Sketchbook called Birdbath and the digital Get Well sentiment set which is available at Whimsy Stamps. Dead handy, that.

All the images and sentiments were printed on pearlescent card, heat embossed and then coloured with Copics. I cut out and 3D-d the image, unfortunately I had used a really heavyweight card which did not lend itself to much manipulation and curving, lesson learned. Next time I'll try something more lightweight.


The papers are from Crate Papers Brooke collection, really loving those, gorgeous warm colours and fabulous texture.

I used some ribbon from my stash, EK Success border punch, two different Cuttlebug folders, Prima Crystals, Card Candy and my Nestabilities labels. Boy, now that I'm looking at it it's quite a hefty list and it was supposed to be a very simple card, lol.




Now check out all the fabulous work from the rest of the DT at Sentimental Sundays and get crackin' on those Get Well cards. There are sentiment freebie set available and a winner bags some digital word art from Ann as well!

I would also like to enter my card into following challenges:
One Stop Craft Challenge - Summer Breeze
Crafty Creations - Encouragement/Celebration
Creative inspirations - Punches or Die-cuts

Thanks for looking and happy crafting!
Hugs



16 comments:

Debbie said...

Hi Annika, a fabulous card! I love the colours are beautiful.
Hugs
Debbie x

Stef H said...

omg!!! annika! this is gorgeous! wow!

cnelson said...

Such a GORGEOUS card!! I'm LOVIN' that birdbath!!

Creatieve handgemaakte kaarten said...

Wow what a nice card have you made!

Hugs Ida

Kimberly S said...

This is gorgeous Annika! Wow, love the image and all of the elements you've used. It really pops off of the page, just beautiful! :)

shelly said...

lovely card i really like how well the papers coordinate together. nice work :) thanks for playing along at craftycreations xx shelly

Ann English said...

An absolute stunner, my friend! Perfection!

Mina said...

fabulous card Annika, I love this sweet image and mmmmmmmmmm how yummy are those papers
Mina xxx

Kathy Czygan said...

Hi Annika! I just love seeing what you've created! This birdbath totally looks like cement! What a great job you did with this 3D project! Love the blues and greens you have used here! They're gorgeous together with the brown> I like the little gems that look like water is coming out around the birdbath! And even the inside of this is awesome! You have such a good eye for creativity and color. Love your stuff!

Cheryl said...

Lovely card! I love how you used the gem stones.

Crafting Queen said...

Super card, love the colours and embossed details. Anesha

Asia King (aka Joanna K) said...

Love it, love it, love it! The bird bath is beautiful and the bird super cute! x

Wordbird said...

Annika...your creativity is amazing and so much fun to look at. Where in the world did you learn to color like that?!! Amazing! ;D Diana Q

raindropecho said...

Annika, there is such an elegance and serenity to this card. I love what you did with all the bling and not just using one, but TWO sentiments. Great job!
- Ann V

Netty said...

Terrific, Annette x

Kathryn said...

Hi Annette,
terrific Summery colors--I love your choice of papers! :)
Very cute card :)

Thanks for playing with us at OSCC!

Have a great day,
--Kathryn

Related Posts with Thumbnails