Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Isabella's Challenge - for Mom

Hi! I am very excited today - it's my first card for Isabella's Challenge. This week we are all creating cards for Mom - it doesn't have to be for Mother's Day,  just something for mother.

Well, of course I had to color up this Mother's Little Helper image the moment I saw it!

I used Copics for coloring and Sakura pens for highlighting. The bowl was covered in Crackle Accents and the chocolate fudge cake batter (yes, I KNOW what she's bakin'. I'm talented like that.) in the bowl with Glossy Accents.

The gorgeous dp is from MME. Yeah, nothing new here. It's NOT from Quite Contrary collection though, so there! :p 

The bow is not ribbon though, it's actually a stuff that's meant for knitting but I thought it looked fabulously vintagey. Then I made a lace flower to sit on top and sprayed it with Cosmic Shimmer sparkle mist. The gems are from Prima.

The sentiment stamp is from Little Paper Shop and image is cut with me Nesties Labels. Loving Nesties. And I have a scary collection! And of course a punch from MS. Gotta love them!

All in all I'm quite happy with the card, maybe I should have used solid card for matting but I think busy mish-mash of patterns kinda works on this card.

Now that I've shown off my goods you are perfectly free to head to Isabella's Challenge blog and look at all the gorgeous work the rest of DT has come up (makes me cower in shame all that talent, it does!). And then get yourself some Isabella art and get crackin', we WANT to see your wonderful creations! Pleeeaaaase!

Isabella also has a freebie available on the blog so you can "try before you buy"!

I would like to enter that card into following challenges:

Dare U 2 Digi Stamp - flowers

Stamptacular Sunday - Celebration for Moms

Cute Card Thursday - Make Your Own

Digital Tuesday - A Toast To You

The Pink Elephant - Mommy, I Love You!

Double Dutch - Mum's The Word

Thanks for looking and happy crafting!

Hugs

Annika



33 comments:

Kerttu said...

So pretty. Love the image and coloring. The papers are gorgeous and i now officially want chocolate cake. Have been dieing after one for some days now, so i think that i have to bake one today, lol.

You reminded me that i have to make a card to my mom:)

Jennifer Scull said...

this is just gorgeous! and you are soooooooo smart to know what she is actually baking in that fancy bowl of hers! :) I love the mish mash of papers, as you call it. super fun!

Wordbird said...

This is a fabulous card...so much creativity found here! i sure would love to take coloring lessons from you! ;D Just a gorgeous creation!
;D Diana Q

Therese said...

Lovely. The image is very sweet. What a pretty bow you have made. The card looks great. :)

Cheryl said...

This card is lovely!

Marlene said...

How is it you can always make everything look so dang ALIVE? Your cards are always such an inspiration.

Unknown said...

This is a lovely card! Very inspirational!
Hugs
Kim
x

Sylvia Blum said...

oh WOWWWWW... this is GORGEOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Fantastic card, perfect colored image and that crackle accent is a fantastic effect on the bowl.. it looks SO real... stunning!!!
Annika, you're really amazing! :)
{hugs} Sylvia

Berit said...

WOW, what a beautiful card and how smart to use the cracle and glossy accent. So inspirational.

Anonymous said...

This is totally darling, love all your detail!

Carolyn V said...

OK, that crackle bowl is flippin' amazing... as is the rest of your card. Every place I look, another gorgeous detail!! Phenomenal!

Anonymous said...

Annika your card is absolutely gorgeous ! I love the way you've used the crackle paint and glossy accents on the bowl. Sue C x

-Sanna- said...

This is amazing.
You are so good, I am impressed.

Cec said...

Awesome card and the bowl looks so vintage with the crackle. I love the colours and I think the papers as mats looks fabulous.
Hugs!
Cec

Ann English said...

Oh my GOSH! This is PERFECT!!! The bowl and the batter are so real. I adore your coloring and your beautiful papers-you are a STAR!

JACKIE M said...

Hmmm lovely, chocolate fudge lol...I love your card and colouring.

Jackie :)

Debbie Stip said...

What a cute card, loooooove the image and really like the colors you've used!
xxDebbie

Viv said...

Yum! Chocolate fudge! Love the crackle bowl, your colouring, the papers , and no you shouldn't have used solid card for matting...this is PERFECT! LOVE it Annika! Viv xx

coldwaters2 said...

Wonderful work that image and your colouring plus those accents on the bowl is a pure delight that flower is gorgeous this is just totally beautiful thank you so much for sharing this with us at Digital Tuesday

Hugs
Lorraine x

Annette said...

What a lovely card! I love the image - it really looks like she's mixing something yummy! Thanks for joining us at SSC this week.

cabio's craft corner said...

This is such a sweet card and your coloring is so delightful. Thanks for sharing :o)
Hugs,
Cabio

debby4000 said...

Gorgeous, sweet card Annika.
Luv
Debby

Sharon said...

A beaut of a card. Your colouring is fabulous and I love the glossy accents in the mixing bowl. hugs Sharon

Alice & Crafts said...

Another great card!! well done! and congrats on being on Isabella's DT!! WOO HOO!! ;-)

Tammy said...

WOW WOW WOW....this card is absolutely stunning!!! I love absolutely every detial on this card and OMGosh, your coloring just keeps getting better and better (don't know how that is possible :))!!! Isabella knew what she was doing when she picked you!!!! Hugs sweetie!!!

Peri said...

Wow Annika - I absolutely love this card. Such brilliant detail and gorgeous colouring - just wonderful. I luuuuuurv the crackle accents.

Gemma said...

Hi Annika, another wonderful creation of yours! You make the most wonderful things, love this image and the huge bow! Wow all over! Thank you for joining us at SSC this week, hugs Gemma

Sheri Gilson said...

WOW!! Amazing card!! Thank you so much for playing along with us at The Pink Elephant this week!!
Sheri-TPE DT

Anne H. said...

Wow - your card is gorgeous, Annika!
An adorable image and your coloring is fab!
Great colorcombo and a lovely bow.
Anne :)

Jolanda said...

Hi Annika, it's a lovely card but unfortunately it doesn't qualify for the Double Dutch challenge, which is to make a card with matching gift wrap for mum. Hope you can find time to re-enter!

Regards,
Jolanda

Tindaloo said...

wow! this is gorgeous! And I love the coloring of the image :)

The Wired Angel said...

This is darling Annika and your work is amazing. It's perfect for the challenge~ Hugs, Peggy

Silvia said...

Wow! Just stunning..! The coloring is awesome and the layout is great too.

Silvia ~ TPE/DT

Related Posts with Thumbnails