Sunday, May 30, 2010

Sentimental Sundays - Thank You card and a bit of a rambling

Hi and I hope you are having a lovely weekend!

We at Sentimental Sundays are ready to offer you a new and fun challenge - this week we want to see cards of gratitude. All you need to do is include a sentiment on your card, no other requirements except the weeks theme. As always there's a themed set of freebie sentiments for grabs and this time I got to pick the quotes and sentiments for the set, how cool is that!!!




The image is from a really cool ETSY shop I discovered very recently called Adayfordaisies. She has wonderful and very different images, well worth checking out! She has sales on until the end of May so hurry up! :)

I coloured the image with pearlescent watecolours. I did a bit "rougher" colouring trying to match the style of the image somewhat. Don't know how well it worked, I'll leave it for you to judge.

The papers are from OA Thrift Shop collection, big butterfly is from Jenny Bowlin, smaller ones are punched. I softened all the papers with Old Paper and Tea Dye distress inks, used the same inks on butterflies and painted Cosmic Shimmer Sparkle Paint on top. The ribbon is actually a fancy yarn I ruffled up. The lace is from my stash. Pearls are from Prima, they were originally white but I coloured them with a Copic marker.


To give you an idea how sparkly the image is I took a photo at this angle, it screwed up the colours and shading but you can certainly spot the bling factor! lol




Some of you have noticed my new fancy signature and watermark last week - well, they were not my creation! Out DT leader Ann who is making all those fab sentiments will start selling personalized watermarks and signatures through Whimsy Stamps soon and used us as her "test group". Let me tell ya, I don't mind experimented on AT ALL. As long as it doesn't involve scalpels or yucky foods, of course!

Now, enough rambling, let me enter this lil' card into some challenges!
Mojo Monday - sketch
Sweet Stamping - Pimp Your Card
One Stop Craft Challenge - Pearls and Swirls
Totally Gorjuss - Wings
Inky Impressions - sparkle, watercolouring, distressing
The Crafty Calendar - The Great Outdoors
Flutter By Wednesday - Butterfly AND Angel
Ooh-Lal-La - Bright and Cheerful
Oh Alice - Swirls
Lucy's Cards - Digital

Thanks for looking and happy crafting!
Hugs


29 comments:

Viv said...

Ooooooh! Oooooh! I love this image...and the papers ...and the sentiment...and I wanna watermark too! Love your card Annika!!! I saw a post a few days ago saying Anne would be selling watermarks, I'm lining up now! LOL! Viv xx

Sue from Oregon said...

oh this is lovely and the sentiment is outstanding. I love the coloring on this image...your truly brought this image to life!

Sylvia Blum said...

GORGEOUS creation, as always ... I can imagine the wonderful sparkly image.. I'm sure it looks amazing in real life!!!
Wishing you a wonderful Sunday, hunny!
{{{hugs}}} Sylvia

Wilma said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Wilma said...

Wow!! Very cute! Where did you discover this little girl! She is gorgeous! And your card is great!!

Lindsey said...

Wow! this is beautiful and your colouring is stunning. Thanks for joining us at OSCC xx

Ann English said...

I LOVE this!!! Another amazing creation, my friend! The image is new to me-drat, now I have to check out this artist!

Unknown said...

Oh you definatley made the colouring work hun..this is just perfection
I love everything about this card xx

Thanks for joining us over at one stop crafts xx

Wendi said...

Wow what an amazing beautifully created card I love those pearls and swirls and cute image
Thank you so much for sharing with us at ooh la la
Wendi

Cheryl said...

Beautiful! I love all the little details. I am off to check out the Etsy shop.

Cec said...

Stunning. I love so much about this - the way you coloured the image, the ruffled ribbon, the sheet music butterflies - and I could go on but I'll leave room for someone else to leave you some love.
Hugs!
Cec

Therese said...

Oh, this is great. I love the sparkly look on the image and it`s also very, very cute. Beautiful with all the pearls. Love it Annika. :)

Kimberly S said...

A stunning card Annika! the image is so sweet, and your background coloring is amazing! Love the whole look, so very creative! :)

Maggie Bob said...

Oh Wow! This card is amazing, and I love the sentiment.

Thanks for joining in the fun at One Stop Craft Challenge.

Maggie
xx

Netty said...

Just when I think this ones my favourite card of yours you produce another fab card...oooh Annika I love it....love all the textures and the artwork...fab... Annette xx

Mina said...

I love a Day for Daisies images they are amazing arnt they...beautiful card Annika and I will so be having a new watermark and signature when they come out
Mina xxx
p.s. terrible puns on my blog from you girl...INKling indeed lol

Kat said...

This is gorgeous. I love how you coloured the sweet image. Thanks for joining us at TG this week.

Kat x

Jennifer Scull said...

oh Annika, this is just so very very beautiful! I am stunned at the gorgeousness of it... yep, had to make up a word to describe how I am feeling! :) you are truly a wonder at creativity!

I am having so much fun playing with the many treasures inside my fun box of goodies from your candy giveaway! thank you once again! you are so very generous!

Stef H said...

oh she is gorgeous! i love the shimmer and i absolutely love your watercoloring! fantastic!

Amy said...

very pretty..love the pearls and wonderful ribbon

Lisa Andrews said...

Very nice! I love the pearl watercolors, they are absolutely beautiful! Thanks for playing along at OSCC

hugs, Lisa A

Asia King (aka Joanna K) said...

Awww...aaaah... dreamy... STUNNING! x

Faye said...

I think it is absolutely beautiful. Thanks so much for joining us at Sweet Stampin. x

Marlene said...

I LOVE the shimmer! Beautiful!! Wow....everything about this card is just fantastic!

Francesca said...

What a wonderful card, I love the Shimmer.
thanks for joining us at one stop craft challenge and good luck!
Hugs
Francesca

Ceal said...

Gorgeous card I love all the details!

Kerttu said...

Ohh väga ilus kaart ja veel ilusam digikas mida kasutasid siin:)
Have to check out the store ' cause the stamp you've used is adorable♥
hugs

stephanne said...

Wow, what a beautiful project, I love the colouration of the image and the distressing and DP and and and, very nice card!!! Thanks for popping over to my blog, I can't wait to finish snooping around yours, packed full of fabulousness so far :)
Take Care,
Stephanne

Victoria H said...

Beautiful card, I love it!

Related Posts with Thumbnails