Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Isabella's Challenge - Memorial Day or The Colours Of Your Country

This time our challenge at Isabella's Challenge was to create a card either with Memorial Day theme (which can be either patriotic or just cvelebrating the beginning of the summer) or use the colours of our country.

Since I have a very foggy idea of Memorial Day I decided to use a colours of my country. I am Estonian and our national colours are Blue, Black and White.



I snook a little bit of earth colours on the card as well not to have it too sombre. Earth colours count like no colours, right??? Please tell me it's right!!! lol

The papers are from MME and Lily Bee, white embossed card is from my stash. The buttons are of unknown origin but I just liked the soft round feel of those on a fairly severely structured card.


The image was coloured with Distress Inks on pearlescent card. The sentiment is lovely but it was one of the crappiest rub-ons I have ever had an honour to meet. My fingers are still bleeding, I'm telling ya' - and if you look closely the cardstock is marred as well.

To soften everything up I tied a lovely white double sided satin ribbon into a bow and stuck a Jenny Bowlin butterfly on top. Cute. At least I think so. :D



The image is available from Isabella's online shop.

Now it would be good time to hop over and have a look what the rest of the DT has come up with. I know you won't be disappointed.

I would also like to enter this image into following challenges:
Charisma Cardz - 3D
Stamp Something - 2 of Something
Inky Impressions - Ribbon, Watercolouring, Round(buttons)
The Crafty Pad - Over the Edge
The Crafty Calendar - The Great Outdoors
The Crazy Challenge - It's a Girl Thing
Pile it On - Out Of the Box (ribbon is over the edge plus I have used a colour combo I usually don't go to)

Thanks for looking and happy crafting
Hugs


37 comments:

Anne said...

Oh wow, Annika this is just gorgeous. I'm looking at the challenge and thinking "Yikes" but you've made it work to perfection!

Lisa said...

Wow Annika! Beautiful as always! The coloring is gorgeous and I'm a sucker for a butterfly and a bow! Well done!

Peri said...

Wow Annika - how absolutely divine! Your colouring is perfection - I'll get there one day! I love the serenity of this card - the colours are wonderful. Another storming success!
Hugs
Peri xx

cnelson said...

ohhhhh sooooooo lovely!

Linda Coughlin, the funkie junkie said...

Beautiful - love the combination of patterns, colors and textures. Love the way you colored the image and I think the butterfly is the perfect finishing touch!

Sharon said...

Oh WoW Annika, I am bowled over by the beauty of your card. Well done!

Therese said...

This is really beautiful, it`s so delicat with the bow and all. And your colouring.....wow, the shades on her body and in the sand, it`s perfect done. Hugs Therese :)

Marlene said...

WOWZA!!! Beautiful card! Your attention to detail is amazing.

Love the colors of your country. Very pretty.

Angelwood said...

Oh this is just gorgeous! I love the color combination you went with here and your image is so beautifully colored. Love the sentiment! Thanks for joining us this week at Inky Impressions! hugs, Angela

Netty said...

Terrific Annika, great colour combo, love the sentiment....couldn't see any blood marks so it must be one of the better ones........lol
Annette x

Katie said...

Stunning card! So soft and gentle and the image is beautiful!
Thanks for Piling It On this week :)

maxine said...

This is just beautiful, I love the colour combo and the butterfly, thanks for joining us at the crafty pad

Cec said...

This is so pretty and serene. The blue is so cool and calming and that's just what I needed today with this record heat we are having. I love all the special details - your colouring, the bow, butterfly, just everything.
Hugs!
Cec

Crafting Queen said...

Beautiful colours and your image wonderful. Anesha

Mina said...

oh wow Anneka I love this its stunning...I love the image and sentiment...it has a soft dreamy feel to it
Mina xxx

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous Annika, you're painting with the Distress inks is inspiring ! Sue C x

Viv said...

Yeh, earth colours are NON-colours! LOL! LOVE your card Annika, its so elegant. I'm gonna have to try some backgrounds, you make it look easy! Hope your fingers have recovered...I hate rub-ons! Viv xx

SYLVIA-ANNE said...

Annika, this is so beautiful and your colouring with the inks is delicate and fabulous! Love the image and the sentiment, and I hope your fingers have now healed up!
Love and hugs, Sylvia xxxx

Linda Carson said...

You're talent knows no bounds! Gorgeous artwork!

Di said...

Just popping by to say welcome to SFTW! sorry i did not comment on your card it is gorgeous as are all your cards! look forward to working with you.
Big Hugs Di xxx

BethieJ said...

FABULOUS! I LOVE everything about it..
Thanks for joining us at PIO!

debby4000 said...

Oh WOW Annika, this is so elegant and wonderful details, especially love the sentiment.
luv
Debby

Renkata said...

Hi Annika,
thanks for stoping by my blog.
Wow I love this card. You have coloured the image just gorgeous.

Shell Shearer Swinscoe said...

Gorgeous hun, love the ribbon & butterfly..

Thank You for joining us this week at 'The Crazy Challenge' Good Luck!

Hugs Shell xx

Sylvia Blum said...

I must have been sleeping while you posted this (cause I haven't seen it until now!) ... it's SO adorable! So soft and subtle and elegant ... LOVE it!!! It's like I can FEEL the breeze upon my skin while looking at your card!
You are a pro in creating background sceneries *wow* ... this is absolutely AMAZING!!!
{hugs} Sylvia

Ann English said...

This is fabulous-I love it. I did get this image but have yet to use it-I must---won't look like this though!

~Denise Lynn~ said...

Beautiful card! Love the sentiment and the fab colors. Thanks for joining in at Stamp Something this week. :)

Suzi Mac said...

This is stunning Annika, love the images, sentiments and those gorgeous cool colours. Thank you for joining us at The Crafty Pad this week.
Hugs Suzi x

My Creative Outlet by Janna said...

So beautiful! I love the colors and the sentiment is fantastic! Glad you played along at Stamp Something this week!

Janna :)

Cheryl said...

This is gorgeous! I love all the details!

Crystal said...

Gorgeous creation, LOVE the colors and that sentiment! Thanks so much for joining us at Inky Impressions!

Sue from Oregon said...

what lovely shading on this outstanding card!

Unknown said...

just beautiful, thanks so much for playing along with both PIO and the crazy challenge.
trish

Helen said...

Beautiful card!
Thanks for joining us at Pile It On!
Helen x

Jennifer Scull said...

this is just as gorgeous as can be! don't ya just hate icky rub-ons?! they drive me nuts..... but no one would ever know by looking at this that you got ahold of one. it is beautiful! :)

have a wonderful weekend! (and I have GOT to look up where Estonia is!! grins!)

Anonymous said...

Annika, this is just amazing and YES I want tutorials. I am so glad that I am working next to you. I am learning so much. Have a great week.

Nana said...

Amazing card! Love this color combination and you did a great job with the stamp and the sentiment, they do go so well together.
Thank you for playing with us at "Crazy challenge" and "PIO"!
hugs Nana

Related Posts with Thumbnails