Friday, May 21, 2010

Phindy's Challenge - Card for a Man or a Boy

Hi and happy Friday! This time at Phindy's Place our challenge is to create a card for a man or a boy.

I went for a very masculine (I think) image from Phindy) called Firewood. How much more manly can you get!? lol


The image was coloured with Copic markers and sponged with Distress and Vresacolor inks. I tried to have the coloring a bit more "rugged". Manly, you see...

Then I rummaged through my paper drawers and found this cool patterned kraft card by Jillybean Soup. Yes, I know, I'm doing it the wrong way around ... but honestly, I usually TRY to have a paper in mind before I start colouring. Just not this time, lol.


I matted all the layers on deep moss green and dry embossed the layer underneath the image with Fiskars texture plates, I thought it was a cool pattern and good way to add taxture since I wasn't going to add much embellishments wise to the masculine card.

I attached some fancy paperclippy thingies to the image and threaded ribbon through them. The card still looked a wee bit too naked so I sneaked in couple of Maya Road leaf pins and life was good again!



Now it would be a good time to go and check out the fabulous work from the rest of DT and get crackin' on your Phindy card. You know you want to! :)

I would also like to enter following challenges:
ABC Challenges - Unused (patterned paper and pins)
Dare U To Digi Stamp - One For The Boys

Thanks for looking and happy crafting!
hugs


17 comments:

Netty said...

Annika this is terrific and very MANLY.....just the beads of perspiration missing.....lol
Have a great weekend.
Annette x

Julie said...

Brilliant Annika, I'm a bit scared about colouring backgrounds,any tips gratefully recieved as you have So got the knack!!!!!!!! Stunning as always x

Creatieve handgemaakte kaarten said...

Wow, it is amanzing!
What have you that nice tinted.

Hugs Ida

Payne Holler Cards said...

can you decribe a masculine card as gorgeous LOL - your coloring is always perfection!

Ann English said...

Annika, I love this card-but then... Your sponged backgrounds are a=mazing-seriously, I study them but just can't figure out how to do it without getting ink on the image! The DP is great-perfect and your embellishments-um, um-you do have a knack!

Unknown said...

Hi hunny, love love love the image and OMG your colouring and those papers are both gorgeous and go perfectly together

Have a great weekend
love emma xxx

Tammy said...

This is absolutely AWESOME girl!! WOW...such great coloring and I love the way you did the ribbon! I agree...those Maya Road leaf stick pins are just the perfect touch!!! I think the corner things are cool too!!!

Marlene said...

You have a way of bringing all your cards to LIFE. Love this!

Stef H said...

o wow! this is fabulous! love the colors and the layout is just awesome. definitely manly. you totally aced manly here!

Kathy Czygan said...

Your coloring is way perfect! Everything you added to this makes it look very masculine! Love the ribbon treatment and those leaves and corners! Beautiful Job!

mycardz said...

You are too funny! I just love to come here to visit and read your commentaries! Plus, seeing your always amazing creations - well, worth the trip! :D This card is certainly no exception - i love how everything coordinates soooooo well! Do you do interior design work? I think you'd be great at it.

Mina said...

fabulous mans card Annika, I love your colouring (I always do lol)...gorgeous
Mina xxx

Sylvia from Minnesota said...

You definitely met your goal of achieving a manly card, I love it.

Therese said...

"Rough and tough and strong and mean"(Though he doesn`t look very menan to me;)The lyrics from It`s raining men...thought it fit perfect to this image...*lol*)
I love it, and I love the way you coloured the background on your image, man you are sooo good at this. ;)

Viv said...

Oh so very MANLY! And a doggy too! Gorgeous card Annika, love your colouring. The embossed background is perfect. Viv xx

Sylvia Blum said...

oh my gosh... this is absolutely stunning *sigh*

Is there anything or any style you cannot do perfectly? No! Everything you make is a little masterpiece! Gorgeous!

And now that you've used the same image as I did I really feel like a 3 year old toddler trying to color in a painting book *lol*

Annika, it's always such a pleasure to come along and visit your blog! Thanks for sharing!!!
{hugs} Sylvia

Chris said...

Great card Annika and such amazing colouring! Love your design and papers too. Thanks for joining us at DU2DS. Chris :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails