Tuesday, May 4, 2010

NOT a quick card

But I had An Idea.

When I first noticed that image in Isabella's store, I remembered a poem I had heard once. So I rooted the web, found the poem and then of course had to get an image and make a card! lol

I wanted the sleeping kitten on the cushion of lace and leaves so I ruffled all the edges of the card with lace trim and die cut some leaves with Sizzix dies.


I found a die-cut paper from Lily Bee and painted it all over with Cosmic Shimmer Angel Gold iridescent paint, in real life if has lovely subtle glimmer and texture which camera did not catch!

Then I (painstakingly) sew beads all around the paper.

The frame for the image was made with Nesties and covered with Crackle Accents. The image was coloured with Copics and then I decided I wanted a slightly ages look so tried to smudge the writing ever so slightly. Might have gone overboard there. Hmmm

The flowers were made from lace trim and embellished with Papermania pearls.
Then I added vintage glass glitter to all the edges and leaves and finally put the card together.

It was fun-to-do card. Don't know if I'll ever actually find an occasion to use it but sometimes you need to make things just for the sake of making them.

Don't forget there's still a bit time to submit your project to Isabella's Challenge, this week Anything Goes, as long as you use Isabella's image!

I would like to enter this card into following challenges:

The Shabby Tea Room - Glitter

Quixotic Challenge - How Distressing!

Allsorts Challenge - Animals

Papertake Weekly - Do something Different

Dare U 2 Digi Stamp - Flowers

Stampavie
and more- Distressing

Paper Play - Pretty Pastels

Totally Gorjuss - In Stitches

Crafty Cardmakers - Distressed

A Spoon Full Of Sugar
- Furry Friends

Tanda Teaser - Paws for Thought

Crafts And Me - Sparkle

Whew, that's a long list this time ... I really went to town :D

Thanks for looking and happy crafting!

Hugs
Annika


18 comments:

-Sanna- said...

This was very beautiful.
Such a nice cat...

Cec said...

This is so fabulous and I don't know how you do it with little people around. Oh, I get it, you never sleep:)
Hugs!
Cec

Debbie said...

WOW ... look at all those challenges!!! Wonderful design! Thanks for joining us in the Tea Room this week and I hope to see you again next Monday for our new challenge :)

Anne H. said...

Wow - your card is gorgeous!
Beautiful colors and so many lovely details. I love all the beads and the Crakled frame, your distressing is wonderful.
Thanks for joining us this week at Stampavie and More.
Anne :)

Jennifer Scull said...

that is absolutely wonderful! and so much love poured into it! :) the kitty poem is perfect. I have never heard it before, but will be certain to look it up.

Creatieve handgemaakte kaarten said...

Nice card Annika!

Greeting Ida

Unknown said...

well you did go to town !!! love this so much, it really works so well, thanks for playin with us at crafty cardmakers xx

Marlene said...

Wow - you put a lot into this - and it SHOWS! BEAUTIFUL!

Nicole said...

Beautiful card! So many details - all perfect together. Thanks for playing alnog with us at The Shabby Tea Room! :)

Julie Riley said...

Gorgeous card well done, thanks for joining in our distressed challenge at crafty cardmakers xx

BA said...

stunning card annika!!
thanks for joining us at SAM this week
xoxo BA

Squirrel x said...

Beautiful card hun! Thanks for playing at Totally Gorjuss this week. Hugs, Squirrel xx

Audrey Pettit said...

What a lot of heart and soul went into this cute creation. I love all the special details like the sewn beads and the ruffled trim. Super adorable. Thanks for playing along with us at The Shabby Tea Room.

debby4000 said...

Fabulous card, wonderful colours and details.
luv
Debby

Valérie Goldenschue said...

Cette carte est superbe, merci de ta participation au challenge SAM cette semaine

Crafteezee said...

Gorgeous card, love the image and those embellishments. Thanks for joining us at Crafts and Me. Hugs Tracy x

Kirsten...x said...

Fabulous card love the image and the colouring is great...x

Thanks for joining us this week at allsorts hugs Kirsten...x

stephanne said...

Oh my goodness, I LOVE THIS!!!! Wonderful colours and such a sweet image, love the vintage touches. I think you could use this as an encouragement or a job well done type of a card. Thinking of you??

Related Posts with Thumbnails