Friday, May 28, 2010

Phindy's Challenge - buttons and a QUESTION for my readers

Hi and happy Friday to everyone!

Fridays are cool cause it's time to show you yet another card with one of Phindy's phabulous images. The challenge couldn't be simpler this time - use buttons. EVERYBODY has buttons. If you don't, go on, snip some off from the shirts of co-habitants. They'll be delighted!

Yeah. Well. Here's my card.



The image is called Reading to Sissy and it's available other way around as well (sister reading to brother), there's also afro-american version. I loved the image from the first sight since my kids are at similar age so when I needed a card to send to my parents this was a very obvious choice.

Colouring is all Copics, glitter writer on the trims of the babygro, just a little bit of clear glaze to liven the eyes.

The ribbon is from my stash, buttons from Bunny Zoe's Craft. Papers are BG Nook and Pantry (which, next to Origins seems to be one of few BG collections that actually work for me). All the stitching is done by hand and border punch comes from MS.



Please pop in to Phindy's Challenge Blog and have a look at the gorgeous work of the DT, it's going to be a treat - I think this week my card is definitely the weakest of the bunch!!!

Now to the QUESTION: I have had a lot of questions in my comments and via email about my colouring. I am truly honoured and VERY flattered that you like it and absolutely delighted that there seems to be quite a few people who find my work pleasing and fun. Thank you all so much!!!

I do not consider myself to be an expert in any way but if it could help somebody I might try and start making notes on Copics I use on images. Would that be helpful? Leave me a comment and let me know or drop me an email.

Now, before I leave, let me enter this card into some challenges. Cause I'm a junkie like that.
Pixie Dust Studio - Going Round And Round
Stamp Something - 2 of Something (buttons, ribbons)
The Crafty Pad - Over The Edge
Daisy Doodles - Anything Goes
Your Next Stamp - Use A Border Punch

Thanks for looking and happy crafting
Hugs


30 comments:

Crafting Queen said...

Beautiful card, your colouring is wonderful. Anesha

Crafting Queen said...

Thanks for your sweet comment, I strongly believe someone took one of my ideas but did not give credit for it but not much I can do about it as they changed the project slightly. One of those things that happen, was upset but decided life's too short to worry about these things.

Hope you have a great weekend. Hugs Anesha

Cec said...

An awesome Phindy card and your parents should absolutely love it especially since it is handmade by their daughter and is about their grandchildren. Great colour scheme and love the ribbon with the buttons. You do wonderful colouring and I would love to have tips from you. I don't use Copics but can try to adapt the tips to my medium. Thanks for joining us at Daisy Doodles.
Hugs!
Cec

Stef H said...

holy moly! is this darling or what???? too, too cute! i'm with everyone... fabulous coloring. every little bit of info on the copics ALWAYS helps.

i started a list of which copics = the stamping up colors. i should post that myself!

hugs :)

Crystal said...

Oh my word this is ADORABLE!! LOVE the strawberry background and these colors...Your coloring looks amazing what a beautiful creation!!!! Have a wonderful weekend!! Hugs!

Faye said...

What a stunner, it's gorgeous. And notes on Copics would be fabulous. Have a brilliant weekend. x

Ann English said...

So sweet-LOVE it! You see, everyone in blogdom LOVES your work!!! Your stitching is awesome.

Kathy Czygan said...

Hi Annika! This card is so awesome! That stitching is amazing! It looks better than a machine stitch! It adds SO much dimension to this! Your coloring always stands out....and I for one would love to see notes on your copics and techniques. I use copics a lot but have trouble with skin and blending some of the colors. Thanks for sharing your creative wisdom!

Shirley said...

Annika, this is one of my absolute favorite images and what a spectacular card. I love all the hand stitching and know how much time that took. Please I'm all for all the coloring tips I can get. Beautiful, Beautiful card both front and inside.

Marlene said...

BEAUTIFUL!!!

I'm one of your coloring admirers! I say YES, please, we can use all the tips we can get! That would be awesome.

Liz Corrigan said...

Oh this is just lovely and what great hand stitching. Love to know what copic colours you use. Rosie x

Donna said...

Beautiful card Annika the image is so sweet and yes your coloring is wonderful. I've often wondered if I should list the colors of Copics I use, although I never leave them laying around, so for me it might be difficult, but yes sometimes people like to know what colors are used to achieve the same color effect........I say go for it.
hugs
Donna xx

Netty said...

Terrific stamp, terrific colouring, and terrific card.
Never owned a copics pen, but you use them brilliantly.
Have a happy weekend, Annette xx

Creatieve handgemaakte kaarten said...

ooooo what a nice card, such a good colours!

Hugs Ida

Linda Carson said...

Adorable card!! Your coloring is amazing & any Copic tips are always appreciated!

Kimberly S said...

What a sweet card Annika! I'd love to read the Copic tips! :)

Rhonda said...

WOW! This is fantastic! Thanks for playing with us at Daisy Doodles!

Jodi said...

A very cute image!! I love the great coloring you did too!
Hugs
Jodi =)

Wilma said...

I couldn't visit your blog last weeks. Finally I have the time to update mine and visit yours and I discover a lot of great and sweet cards on your blog! What a beauties you've made! So cute!

Lana Clarke said...

Such a wonderful cute card and yes your colouring is amazing!
Thank you for joining us at PDS
Lana xoxo

Suzi Mac said...

A beautiful card, love your colouring and the design is adorable. Thank you for joining us at The Crafty Pad this week.
Hugs
Suzi x

Tammy said...

This is so precious, sweetie!!! Your coloring is always fabulous and you always have the most awesome designs!!!

Linda Coughlin, the funkie junkie said...

Oh Annika, you had me laughing about where to forage for buttons! I'm not surprised that you get inquiries about your coloring - it's consistently magnificant! This is just the sweetest card you have made with Moe's image. Your stitching is fab to - by hand, right? Amazing!! Where do you find the time?

Sylvia Blum said...

another gorgeous card, Annika! LOVE how you put the buttons onto the bows .. looks wonderful!!!
(and thanks for the laugh... 'snip of buttons from the shirts of your co-habitants'... you're too funny *giggle*)
{hugs} Sylvia

Alice & Crafts said...

Hi Annika! your cards are always super so no wonder people write to you about your colouring...;-)
i'd love to know not only about your colouring, but also about everything else on how you make your cards!! ;-) maybe put up a video...;-P Alicexxx

Anne said...

This is just adorable, but hey, hands off my buttons, I have enough trouble getting round to sewing on what drops off of its own accord LOL

Jolara said...

what a great card, love it ! Thanks for joining the Pixie Dust Challenge this week ! Hugs Joyce

Cat said...

What a gorgeous card! Thanks for joining us again this week at Pixie Dust!

Karen said...

What a gorgeous card and beautiful colours. Thanks for joining us at Pixie Dust challenges.
Karen x

Maureen said...

Such a sweet card and your coloring is gorgeous! Thanks for playing along with us at Your Next Stamp Challenges!

Related Posts with Thumbnails