Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Going back to my roots :)

Hi all and a happy Tuesday! :)

I haven't played around with flower clusters for a while and I thought this cute summery donkey would be a perfect character to drown in blooms. :)

This image is available from Stampavie blog to support and encourage Michelle who recently lost her eye in farm accident. There is a card drive going on for her at A Spoon Full Of Sugar blog.

I coloured my donkey in with Copic markers and sponged the edges slightly with Memento Desert Sand ink. The image and mat were cut out with Nestabilities deckled rectangles.
The papers are from Fancy Pants, embossed with a Sizzix folder and lightly sponged with white ink. Corrugated cardboard came with some packaging, I painted it with Tim Holtz crackle paint in Picket Fence and covered in white netting from my stash.

The sentiment is a rub-on from my stash, little roses are from Prima, the rest of the flowers from my stash. That lovely lacy border under the cardboard is a fabric sticker I got from my lovely friend Viv as a RAK. I have been blessed immensely with amazing, talented and kind people around me here in blogland.

COPIC COLOURS:
Donkey: E29/37/15/99/97/35/33/41/13//30/11
hat:Yr23/24/12/, Y21/00/28
flowers: R05/02/30, RV42, YR16, Y35
Ground: YG99, G05, YG23, 0
Sky: BG72, B01/BG000, BG0000, 0

I'd like to enter the following challenges:
The Cuttlebug Spot - sketch
Little Red Wagon - Nestabilities
By The Cute And Girly - Warm Summer Days
Bunny Zoe Craft - Summer
Polka Doodles - Summer
Papertake Weekly - In the garden
Quixotic Challenge - Pretty Pearls

Thanks for looking and happy crafting!
Hugs


26 comments:

Michele Roos said...

Such a beautiful card Annika. Love the colours you've used and the pretty details also. Hugs Michele x

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Oh this is absolutely beautiful Annika!! Michelle will love this!! Awesome colors and details!! Beautiful coloring!!
hugs,
Chris

Kellie said...

OH WOW this is absolutely GORGEOUS! Your colouring is amazign and I love, love those gorgeous flowers!
Hugs Kel xx

Tara said...

This is gorgoeus Annika and I really love how you've coloured that donkey! Those pink fabric flowers are so pretty and the leaves are stunning, I must try adding something like that.... leaves are definitely my thing, lol!
Hugs Tara xx

Dorcas said...

Very Cute, Annika!!

Sylvia Blum said...

this is such a cute and wonderful card, Annika! Oooohhhhh... and your flowers are SO beautiful!!!!
{hugs} Sylvia

debby4000 said...

Oh this is adorable Annika.
luv
Debby

angelique (anlou) said...

the card is so perfect
love the coloring with the copic's
the flowers are so gorgeous
my compliments girl
hugs angelique

Lori said...

The flower clusters are perfect for this card, and I love all the texture!

Anonymous said...

Hi hun!! This is so adorable!

Cheryl said...

Gorgeous card! I love your coloring on the donkey. The cardboard & mesh look perfect. I never would have thought to use these.

Menel's Scrap Chat said...

Hi there
Only one word "BEAUTIFUL"
Love the pastels you used.
Best Wishes
Maryke

Ayelet {Jenny} said...

Adorable card! Love the cluster flowers and the image is just so darn cute! Thank you for joining us over at BTC&G and Good Luck! X

Marlene said...

What a gorgeous card! Anything with a prima flower on it instantly attracts my attention...but of course, your perfect coloring also does that! :) Michelle will love this!

Netty said...

Another fabulous creation Annika, Annette x

Mina said...

fabulous card Annika, I love the flowers...now repeat after me three times an hour until the urge goes...I do not need papers, I do not need papers, I do not need papers lol
Mina xxx

slbt17 said...

very cute!
Sandra

Viv said...

This is soooo cute! Your flowers are yummy ! Glad you found a use for the fabric sticker thing, I saw it and liked it but haven't used it myself yet!
Michelle will love this card Annika.

Faye said...

OMG! Pleeeeeeeeeeeassssssssse tell me you didn't make those adorable pink flowers yourself?! If you did, please could you tell me how, as they are gorgeous on this delicious creation. xxx

Stacey said...

what a cute ass!!! he he!!! Love this card! thank you for playing along with us at polka doodles this week!!!

Tracy said...

I love your choice of image and the design and finishing touches, thanks for joining Polkadoodles challenge, good luck.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

Donna said...

Totally amazing Annika......your coloring is out of this world.
hugs
Donna xx

Mrs Mayne said...

This is gorgeous Annika! Thanks for joining us for the papertake weekly challenge! x

Claire Phillips said...

Great project, so fun - thanks for playing along in the summer challenge at Polkadoodles! Cheers Claire x

Jenny said...

ANOTHER fabulous card! Love all of the embellishments & your attention to deatil is stunning! Thanks for sharing your project with us at Polka Doodles.

Karen Howard said...

OMG, this is really stunning! Love the layout and you coloring is fantastic! Hugs, Karen

P.S. If you love challenges then my new sister blog is purr-fect for you:
www.felineplayful.blogspot.com

Related Posts with Thumbnails