Tuesday, July 6, 2010

A card drive for Michelle

I am sure a lot of you know and follow the wonderful blog by Michelle Oatman called Donkey Smiles. Her work is absolutely amazing and her spirit bright and uplifting.

Recently she had an accident on her farm resulting in loss of one of her eyes - read about it HERE. She will have a long and difficult road for recovery ahead of her, amongst other things it's also quite an expensive journey. :(

A Spoon Full of Sugar challenge blog is organizing a card drive for Michelle, maybe to bring some smiles into her no doubt quite rough days and gather some donations to help Michelle with her medical expenses.

Whimsy Stamps has a gorgeous donkey freebie from Melissa Jenkins with a set of sentiments by Ann Vento for download on their site. If you have any time to spare, please consider popping over there, downloading it and making a card for Michelle, details about where to send it can be found HERE.

My card for Michelle:



The colouring is all done with Copics, including the background. I added some yummy transluscent glitter to details using the glue pen. Makes glittering a breeze, that. Matting for the image was creating using Nestabilities circles and labels dies. Card box is made using Martha Stewart scoring board - it has the envelope making attachment!



The papers are from Websters Pages, distressed with Tim Holtz distressing tool. I would LOVE to have that yoke but alas ... craft spending embargo, aaarrrggghhh!! Then I ran background through Big Shot with a Sizzix texture plate.



Ribbon and bakers twine both from my stash, little butterflies are Martha Stewart punch and buttons from my (messy) button box. Both sentiments I created in my 'puter, I wanted to use Ann's ones at first but I was set on my layout and needed something that would fit it, lol.



COPICS:
Donkey: W9/7/5/3/1/00, E37, YR23, Y35, YR31, YR0000, R05/02, YR01, R0000

Pop over to Spoon Full Of Sugar and send some smiles to Michelle!

I would like to enter these challenges:
Just Us Girls - Sketch
Wee Memories - Free For All
I Love Digi - Embossing
The Crafty Pad - Animal Fun
Crazy 4 Challenges - 2+ ribbons
Stampavie and more - Sparkling
Cafty Catz - Distressing


Thanks for looking and happy crafting!
Hugs


36 comments:

-Sanna- said...

Gorgeous donkey and lovely card.
♡♡♡

Scrapcat 1 said...

beautiful card and such a wirthy cause, you were quick I've only just read about it off to do mine now.

Zarah said...

What a fantastic card you made! I LOVE it!

I'm just getting started with mine now. Won't be as fantastic as yours, but still. Thanks for the inspiration! :D

COCO said...

beautiful card !!
michelle will Happy to receive your card!
Hugs coco

Anonymous said...

Awwww, what an addorable card Annika! My, you're faster than a speeding bullet! I'm just about to start on my card for Michelle and bam, you're done! And, it's awesome to boot! I love the butterflies and checked paper. I'm sure Michelle will love it!

cnelson said...

Oh my heck...how cute is this?!!!
Couldn't love it more!!

Debbie said...

This is just Beautiful Annika,Your colouring of this cute image is stunning,Hugs Debbie x

Unknown said...

Your work is absolutely beautiful. Keep creating. Mary M

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

What a stunning layout and beautiful card for Michelle. Love your coloring of the donkey and all your details Annika!!
hugs,
Chris

Kathryn B said...

This is absolutely gorgeous Annika! I'm sure your friend Michelle will appreciate the work you've put int this beauty! I love that donkey image too!

Thanks for playing along with Just Us Girls this week your take on this weeks sketch rocks!

Lisa Summerhays said...

So cute! Love how you colored him. He's fantastic.

Sylvia said...

Annika, This is a beautiful card, as are all your cards! Thanks for the heads up about Michelle. I will be downloading and making a card as soon as possible. Thanks for your wonderful comments on my blog. Isn't the world of blogging wonderful! so many friends to make, mostly ones you will never meet! Have a wonderful day!

Marlene said...

Absolutely gorgeous - and she is going to absolutely LOVE it!!! Only you can put together such an amazing array of colors that I'd never think to put together, and have it all come out looking fantastic!

Menel's Scrap Chat said...

Hi
I just love donkey! Your card is beautiful!
Best wishes
Maryke

Crystal said...

AWWWWW this is wonderful Annika she will go crazy over this, I LOVE your papers and colors...You made that donkey look soooooooo adorable!

carol said...

oh how cute and so pretty, Thanks for sharing your beautiful card with Craftcatz..
x carol

Netty said...

This is gorgeous Annika, am sure she will adore it. Also its a great thing to do. Annette x

Archies Mum said...

Love your card, I'm sure that Michelle will love it. Love the way you have coloured your donkey, he is gorgeous x

Viv said...

Beautiful card Annika! Love everything about it! Michelle will adore it I'm sure. An awful thing to happen to her!! Have just downloaded the donkey and will make her a card too...... Viv xx

Suzi Mac said...

What a beautiful card this is Annika,
It will be very much appreciated by Michelle. Thank you for joining us at The Crafty Pad this week, hope to see you in our next challenge too.
Hugs
Suzi x

Mina said...

stunning Annika and your colouring is just as amazing as always...she will just love it
Mina xxx

Di said...

OH MY!! this is just the cutest card its FAB!!!!!
I have these images for poor michelle but havent even started yet, this is stunning and she will just adore it!

Big Hugs Di xxxx

Cheryl said...

Oh this is so sweet! She is going to love it!

cafty lil pixie said...

I love your card, it's so cute :) hugs hayley xx

AKiteFlier said...

SO SO SO SO SO cute Annika. Love this image and how you pulled it all together right down to the inside!!! Thanks for playing along with the JUGS and JustRite sketch this week. You've done a lovely job with your project and JUGS appreciates your being here.

debby4000 said...

WOW Annika this is gorgeous and so cute.
luv
Debby

SCRAP DIDI said...

Oh beautiful card !!! i love colors and image !!
hugs didi

Donna said...

Oh Annika, Michelle is going to love receiving this card........it's fantastic, and your coloring is just PERFECT.......love it.
hugs
Donna xx

troy said...

Oh this is just too darn cute,it's gorgeous and for such a worthy cause too, must get on with mine.
hugs Troy xx

Lindsey said...

Oh this is so gorgeous. I love that ribbon! Thanks for joining us at Crafty Catz this week x

Inkerbelle said...

Another spectacular card, Annika!

Janis Lewis said...

Oh my gosh! This is super adorable! If you don't have room to store it, just let me know and I'll gladly give you my address. LOL Love this card!! :) Janis

Aunty Sue said...

what a lovely card this will surely cheer her up and thanks for sharing with us at crafty catz

Liz Corrigan said...

Oh how lovely this card is Annika. Such a sweet donkey, and your colouring is as amazing as always. Love the papers you have used, they just seem to suit this little donkey so well. Just know that Michelle will love it. Rosie x

rozzyb said...

thanks for joining in with the crafty Pad Challenge this week with such a fab card
hugs rozzy xx

Anonymous said...

Total cuteness!! LOVE the ribbon!

Related Posts with Thumbnails