Thursday, August 26, 2010

Beware of erm... horses bearing gifts

One of the great mysteries of life is the state of house when you get back from holidays. How does it get like that??? Nobody has BEEN here! Or am I just too much in a rut and don't even notice that I live in squalor unless I leave for a while and return with fresh(ish) eyes? lol

Anyway, I actually have a card for you today. Behold - The Gift Horse. The image is by Crissy Armstrong and is available from Whimsy Stamps. If I was you I'd head over there- there's end of summer SALE on and everything is 25% off!



He/she is coloured with Copic Markers, I added plenty of gold Sakura Stardust Pen to the mane and tail and coated the hooves with Glossy Accents.

The tag is Whimsy stamp set called Fancy Friendship Tags and the little sentiment circle from Whimsy Circle Postmarks (totally in love with these!!).



The faux stitching was done with the paper piercer and Copper Sakura Stardust pen, gives a bit of a different effect.



I did some quick decorating on inside using Birthday Letter Seals set - ADORE it!!! And I find a very little effort creating the inside panel really pays off.



The papers are from Echo Park - as are the stickers.Everything was sponged with Tea Dye and Broken China (image) Distress Inks. And of course I had to sprinkle on some gems. All's good as long as it sparkles!!!



COPIC COLOURS:
Skin: E59/57/55/53
Mane, tail: E99/97/09, Y17
Rope:E15/13, Y21
Saddle: E09/08/97/35
Blanket, present: YG09/07/06/03
Ribbon:R27/24/22/02
Hooves: 100, C8/7/5/3/1
Sky: BG02/01/000/0000, B00, C01/00, 0

I would like to enter the following challenges:
Sweet Stampin' Challenge - Sketch
Stamp With Fun - Card for a Girl
Artful Inkables - Bling It On, Baby
Creative Card Crew - Sparkle & Shine
Your Next Stamp - Bold, Bright Summery Colors
The Res-Q-Challenge - Time for Some Therapy (I don't know how I'll cope when autumn and winter comes and I won't be able to use my fave brights any more...aaarrgghhh)
Challenge Up Your Life - Celebrations
Practical Scrappers - Stitching
By the Cute And Girly - Animal Antics
Bunny Zoe's Crafts - Vintage

Thanks for looking and happy crafting!
Hugs


25 comments:

Nancy in Iowa said...

Your cards a wonderful. I encountered your blog over at Julie's Rainbow Days. Congrats on her passing along the 'lovely blog award' to you too.
I'm off to check out more of your posts. Thank you for the inspiration.

debby4000 said...

Oh fabulous card Annika and what a fun image.
luv
Debby

Unknown said...

Hi, love your funny card, colours are again very nice!!
Hugs, Ageeth

Avni said...

WOW! Only u can come up with superb coloring like this and the layers of papers! Wonderful!

Sylvia Blum said...

OMG Annika.. GORGEOUS GORGEOUS creation! Totally adore the beautiful sunny and fresh colours you used for this card.. this is absolutely FANTASTIC!

So glad you're back and creating :o) Missed you!!!

{big hugs}
Sylvia

Julie M said...

Hee hee, I'm thinking the same about my house too - not to mention the mountain of post-weekend away laundry - I didn't think we even HAD so many clothes!!!

Love the card, beautiful sunny colours and image. Those stamp seals are gorgeous, totally versatile.

Julie x

Crystal said...

LOVEEEEE This girl, I SOOOOO NEED your coloring skills this is FABULOUS!!!

Anonymous said...

Annika, this is stunning! I love your work and your coloring is always perfect!

Shelly said...

Hi, what an adorable card! I love the image and your solouring is fabulous! So cheerful! Oh and it's not just you, my house has that 'lived in' feel when I come back from hols too! Shelly ;)

Dorcas said...

Annika, I LOVE this. The colors are wonderful and the elements all work together so well. And of course the image is fab too. Welcome back!! :-)

SYLVIA-ANNE said...

Fabulous colouring as always Annika - love the layout and all that neat stitching! Your choice of layout and colours is perfect - love the inside too.
Hugs, Sylvia xxx

Lisa Summerhays said...

Love it! Fantastic bright colors and the horse looks fabulous!

Marlene said...

Freaking GORGEOUS card!!! Right into my favorites, AGAIN. (I think you hold the record of "favorites" in my bookmarks, dear.)

Renkata said...

Wlcome back Anika :)
wow your card is so funny and sweet . Very beautifly coloured as always.

Therese said...

Oh lala...STUNNING.I`m crazy in love with your colouring...AWESOME. Love the bright colours and the image is so fabulous. Wonderful job Annika. Hugs :)

Lynne said...

This is just gorgeous - I love your "cloud" technique" and your colouring, as always, is stunning!!! Hope you had a good hols :o) xx Lynne xx

Creatieve handgemaakte kaarten said...

Wow this is soooo cute and beutiful!

I like it so very much.

Hugs Ida

Faye said...

Oh, I just love the bright colours on this fab and fun card! It's cool.
How comes holidays generate so much washing too?! We would never get through that much stuff if we stayed home!! ;)
xxx

Suzanne said...

What a fantastic card. Love the image which is beautifully coloured and gorgeous papers x

CraftyC said...

Such a colourful card Annika, and beautifully coloured as always!
Clairex

elibeegifts.co.uk said...

Fantastic card!Bright,cheery and the colouring is amazing.Absolutely gorgeous.Elisa.x

Val said...

This is fabulous. A wonderful image and the most brilliant colouring. Thanks for joining us at Sweet Stampin' this week.
Hugs
Valxx

Sue from Oregon said...

What a happy and colorful card...love all the colors in the tail and mane!

Andrea said...

Very sweet card - loveley details. Thanks for joining stamp with Fun.
Hugs
Andrea-Emmi41

Geraldine said...

Love the bucking bronco. You have finished off this card beautifully-definetly not a Messy crafter- it is an inspiration!
Thank you for joining in the BTC&G challenge this month.
Geraldine

Related Posts with Thumbnails