Wednesday, August 18, 2010

7 Kids College Fund Challenge - Strip It Down

This is a scheduled post, I am away on holidays and will be back next week to wander around your blogs and gather inspiration from your beautiful projects.

Now it's time for a second challenge at 7 Kids College Fund Challenge - Strip It Down. It's actually set by me this week and I DO NOT plan to interfere with the amount of clothing you sport while crafting. The challenge is to use NO MORE THAN 2 LAYERS ON YOUR PROJECT not counting the image.

We have wonderful prize for offer, just remember to use a stamp available at 7 Kids College Fund to qualify!

I used my brand new Popcorn The Bear stamp - isn't he just uber cute and suitable for so many occasions. He is also a breeze to colour!


All the colouring is done with Copic Markers. I first stamped on patterned paper, did the shadowing with markers and then cut out the coloured in bear and balloons. Shaped the images slightly with embossing tool (read - the back of ballpoint pen) and layered on with glue gel.

All the balloons were covered with either Sakura clear glaze pen (the ones on back) or Glossy Accents (the ones in front).


Copic Markers:
Fur: E39/37/35/34/33/31/00, Y00/21
Sack: E34/41/40, Y28, YR32/12
Shadow|: W5/3/1/00, 0
I forgot to write down the markers I used on balloons.

SUPPLIES:
IMAGE: SMILE Popcorn the Bear Stamp
Coloring Medium: Copic Markers, Sakura Stardust pensSpica glitter pen
Paper: Basic Grey Origins
Accessories: Stickles,  microfine glitter flatback pearls, Basic Grey stickers, ribbonInkssentials white gel pen, lace ribbon, glossy accentsTools: ATG adhesive gun, paper piercer,  glue gel, Purple Cow guillotine, Martha Stewart scoring board, glue gun



Thanks for looking and happy crafting!
Hugs



23 comments:

Debbie Schneider said...

Hi Annika - hope you are having a wonderful time away on your holidays!! This card is adorable - I love popcorn the bear and how you put this card together - the ballons are fabulously colored!!! Might have to give this challenge a try myself!

Julie said...

What a fab card,such skilled colouring. Isn't it annoying that you can't do challenges with scheduled posts. I hope you're having a great holiday but boy am I missing your posts! xxx

Manuela said...

Annika your card looks gorgeous! ♥♥♥ Fabulous coloring and fantastic papers!

Hugs,
Manuela

Crystal said...

Annika this is AWESOME sweetie!!!!! I LOVE how you did those balloons....this is one fabulous creation gf!!!

-Sanna- said...

You have created many beautiful cards since I visited your blog last time.
I love your work.

Lori said...

Nevermind Annika the Messy... you're Annika "The Great"! This card is utterly fabulous. I love love the dimension on the balloons, great layout and of course colouring!

Netty said...

wow how organised are you... Fab card but then they always are. Annette x

Therese said...

Gorgeous. Love the 3-d effect on the balloons. Very cute motif. :)

Lynne said...

Love Popcorn!!! Super Cute :o) I love what you've done with the balloons - looks great! Have a great holidays xx Lynne xx

Lynne said...

Love Popcorn!!! Super Cute :o) I love what you've done with the balloons - looks great! Have a great holidays xx Lynne xx

Anonymous said...

Hi Annika,
a beautiful card, great colors and the design genius.
The motive glorious.
Hugs Karla

Marlene said...

GORGEOUS rich colors!!! Beautiful card, Annika!

slbt17 said...

LOVE IT!
Sandra

Cheryl said...

Beautiful card! I love the embellishments and texture.

I hope you are having a wonderful time on your vacation!

Julie said...

Gorgeous card Annika. The bear is so cute and I love how you have done the balloons.

Hugz,
Julie

Scrappinangler said...

Annika, This is adorable! Love that cute bear! ~T

Davi said...

Annika, This is fabulous! Love the colors, and the shaped stars and ballons and embellies!!

Unknown said...

I love this card! The balloons makes it pop! Bear is cute as a button! Thank you for stopping by. Love it~

debby4000 said...

Fabulous sweet card Annika, gorgeous job using Popcorn.
luv
Debby

cnelson said...

Just as cute and sweet as can be!!

Anonymous said...

I am speechless and trust me, that doesn't happen!!! Freakin' darling!

Archies Mum said...

Gorgeous, absolutely love the papers you've used, and how cute is the popcorn stamp. Hope you had a lovely holiday x

Ann English said...

Gorgeous!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails