Saturday, October 1, 2011

Tutorial - Cloudy Watercolour Sky

I have been promising to do couple of watercolour sky tutorials for a while - here's finally the first one for that sky:

Things you need:
Watercolour card - the sturdier the better
Kitchen paper or tissue
pre-mixed washes (diluted paints or inks) in blue, red and grey. This technique gives the best results with watercolours but is totally possible with distress inks too.
Medium brush (round or filbert - I like filbert but that's personal preference)

If you want to use that technique as a backdrop for the image, cover the image with masking fluid first. NOTE - never use masking fluid on top of painted area - it will pull off paint when you try to remove it. Guess how I know that...

I recorded this tutorial very late after recording two other ones, as a result I seem to have lost the gift of remotely coherent speech. Fair play to you if you manage to understand anything!!

Thank you for popping by!
Hugs


10 comments:

Dorcas said...

Wow girlfriend you were REALLY scaring me for a while, didn't know how it was going to come together but you did it, AMAZING!
THanks!

Dianne said...

Annika thank you for the tutorial. I love your tutorials !!

Hey, I have blog candy if you are interested or your followers.

Hugs,
Dianne
http://mypaperhugs.blogspot.com/

Crafty Loops said...

Brilliant tutorial, thank you so much. Lee xx

Viv said...

Wow! How cool is tha5t! Thanks for the tutorial Niks, its bloody amazing how it comes together!

Jane said...

Phenomenal Niks!!! I will be dusting off the watercolours, hunting for my filbert and giving this a go! Thanks so much for taking the time to do this tutorial, you're amazing.
Hugs
Jane

Linda Wescott said...

Wonderful tutorial, great finished effect. Thanks. Hugs lin

BlackBird said...

Adorable! Thanks

Davi said...

Such fabulous tutorials! How amazing the way the clouds take shape. Thank you for taking the time to share your amazing talent Anikka. I cant wait to try making the clouds ;)

Sharon Field / Inky A*Muse-ment said...

Excellent tip re: masking fluid and paint! Great tutorial, thanks for taking the time to share your talents with us all!

♥♥RubyM:)♥♥ said...

HEY NICKS!!!!!!!


I recently came back to blog land and I was lacking MOJO SPECIALLY IN THE COLORING AREA!!!

I thought of you and need to get some inspiration.

Love coming over :)

How the heck is your leg/foot??? How is work btw,LOL!??

P.S
THANKS FOR SHARING YOUR SKILLS WOMAN!

What weight is your paper?

Oh and I came in to get more pencil recipes too BAAAHAAAA!!! I'm just squeezing you out LOL!!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails