Sunday, February 21, 2010

Remember when...

I have boxes full of cards and yet I always seem to struggle to find one NOT overflowing with cuteness and dripping of flowers/glitter/pearls/gems. So I set out to create more cards that would suit male and female recipients not that keen on "pretty factor".

A little online retail therapy had resulted in abundance of gorgeous images from Phindy on my hard drive. Isn't that little lad just sooo cool?


I coloured him with Copics to coordinate with October Afternoon Farm Fresh pad (which I'm currently in love with, yes I know that strong feelings towards a pad of paper are faintly disturbing). A little Sakura clear glaze was added to eyes and toes of the boots and a tiny bit of white highlights to cheeks and hair with Inkessentials white gel pen. Please note - no glitter in sight. Or Stickles even.


I had to have SOME fun though so rooted through my stash and found those green hingey-loopy-hardware-thingies. I thought they fitted in well with image and used them to create a wraparound effect with red twine.

I have no idea where I got this ribbon, it fitted nicely with colour scheme though. All that was left was to layer up a little star with Spellbinders dies, button of uncertain origin and more red twine and voila - a card!



Sentiment was computer-generated, wanted something quirky and fun. Hopefully whoever gets it will find it funny too. :D


Thanks for looking!

Hugs

Annika


3 comments:

Anita said...

This is amazing. I love your embellies.

Marcea said...

Gorgeous card, this little lad is so cute and you have coloured him perfectly. So wonderful seeing your gorgeous creations again
-x-

Anonymous said...

That guy is so cute! Love this one!

Related Posts with Thumbnails