Monday, June 20, 2011

A simple little card

As you might or might not know, I am a wee bit intimidated by manga. I'm never quite exactly sure how to colour it - which is a darn good reason to keep practicing. :) I have loved Make It Crafty summer/beach line of stamps from day one - about time I got around playing with them! Today I have happily mucked up the Hula Girl.
 I decided to be awkward again and mat kraft card on designer paper (Basic Grey Hello Luscious) instead of other way around, like normal people. Sponged and distressed everything on sight with linen-hued acrylic paint. I love regular acrylic instead of crackle paint because IT DRIES FAST. 'Nuf said. 
 The colouring is done with Faber-Castell Art Grip pencils. Yes, I am going through all the possible pencils I can get my hands onto. Those particular ones are pretty good. Not as soft and vibrant as Prismas but easier to achieve precision and detail in colouring.
 For the sentiment I have used brand new Whimsy Good Life Ticket sentiment set - it fitted like a glove! The flowers are old Primas - I was real happy to finally use them! And under the flowers - yes, you guessed - uber cool laser cut chipboard I am happily obsessed with! lol
Now, that's it from me today - big hugs and happy crafting!


18 comments:

Squirrel x said...

For someone who has trouble with manga, you've done a good job at disguising it hun! Stunning work. Hugs Sxx

Jane said...

Manga is not my thing, but your colouring is superb, the depth you've achieved with the pencils is awesome TFS Jane

Shell Shearer Swinscoe said...

Lol this is just gorgeous hun, I think your over your manga fear lol
hugs shell xx

Anniebee said...

This looks fabulous, Annika! I know what you mean about the soft leads of the Prismas. I haven't tried the Faber Castell pencils yet but I may have to after seeing this. I also like the reversal of the kraft and designer papers.... interesting effect. Just a great job all the way around!

Anniebee

Anonymous said...

Cute, cute, makes me want to sing and dance, Hugs, Lori m

Zoe said...

You are just incredibly awesome. I don't know what else to say. I love everything and wow your colouring is out of this world! hugs hun xxoo

MarkerGeek said...

So. Awesome. Love it! Your colouring blows me away every single time.

Dorcas said...

It came out awesome, Annika! Love the addition of the mesh which gives the whole "pearl diver " effect. LOvely coloring!

Stacey G.-2 Craf-t-4u said...

Non of your cards are ever a simple little card! You always have so many beautiful details on them. Love this Annika! The mesh, flowers, tickets, chipboard, everything! Great coloring too!

Crafteezee said...

Can't believe Queen of colouring is scared of Manga, certainly doesn't show Mrs. Awesome again and still waiting for that pencil tutorial on kraft. I need help woman with the skin colours, hurry up. One wicked creation Annika. Hugs Tracy x

Bonnie Irvine said...

She is adorable. You did a great job...no need to feel intimidated any longer. I love the depth you achieve with pencils.
Bonnie

Unknown said...

Hi Annika, well it certainly doesn't show, you seem to be doing fine!! She looks great! Love that blue stuff in the background. Hugs ,Frea

Tracy said...

That lasercut chipboard is not the only uber cool thing about this card. I think it looks fantastic! You're still color master no matter what medium.

Linda Carson said...

Outstanding!

Amy Johnson said...

Another stunning creation! Love the white paint and the blue mesh. You are so creative!

Monique said...

Wow. This is beautifull. I love your colouring. Wonderfull !!

Hugs Monique

Ashley said...

This is beautiful, I love the colors!

Ashley
http://especiallymade.blogspot.com

babar said...

Your coloring combination is too good for your card designs.
loyalty card printing
PVC cards

Related Posts with Thumbnails