Sunday, June 26, 2011

Kenny K - red, white and blue

It's not an easy colour combo for me but I hope I rose to the current challenge at Kenny K Krafty Girlz. :)
hooray for the red white and blue

Sponsor of the challenge is Crafty Ribbons plus Kenny K offering 5 digi stamps!

Our Guest Designer is Debbie Pamment



And here's my card:
The colouring is pure Copics job - used my fave combo of E000/00/02/21/11/15 on the skin and dark brown for deep shadows in red.
The papers are from Lily Bee and I made the flowers myself. The leaves I just hand-cut from denim scrap which I had previously treated with pearlized acrylic paint. Some edges are treated with dark blue micropearls.
Thank you so much for visiting and happy crafting to you!!
Hugs


14 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow, this is a stunning card again!

Hugs,
Renata

Patty Sue 2 said...

Fantastic card! Love those flowers, what a beautiful touch!

Marilyn said...

Fab-U-Lous! Great card Annika, just perfect and I love those flowers you made!

Liz said...

Wow! What an amazing card! Love those flowers! Stunning!

Angela said...

Wow, this is amazing! I love your coloring!

Dana said...

Oh wow!! This is just amazing! I use most of those skin colors too, except for E11. I can't for the life of me get that color to play nice and I always admire the depth you achieve in your skin tones. I shall keep trying : )
Your layout is gorgeous and I love your mini marbles borders. I bet you are still finding them everywhere! They're worse than glitter but so worth it : )
Hugs~
Dana

Therese said...

I think you did a great job...I like the colours very much. Love the KK image, they`re so cool! Fabulous colouring. Supercute with all the tiny pearls. :))

MarkerGeek said...

Fabulous, Annika!!

Whatever the colouring medium, you always rock it!

Barbara Sproatmeyer (LM2) said...

Yeeesss, that's true.. however, we friends are usually more on the plump side. ;D Which makes me believe that this ladies' friends come in the shape of two large melons? LOL But I love the layout of the card and those microbeads are perfect!! I've gotta go get me some and follow suite. ;D *Big hugs!

Unknown said...

Hi Annika! I really enjoy your cards and tutorials and this card is no exception! I have a little something for you on my blog. Enjoy.
http://mary-fortheloveofart.blogspot.com/2011/06/pink-lady-and-another-blog-award.html

Linda Carson said...

WOW! Amazing coloring & amazing textures & amazing creativity using the micropearls!!

Amy Johnson said...

I love your white flowers and denim scraps and your micro beads on the edge. And what you do with white paint always amazes me.

Janine - Ellabella said...

Oooh Annika! She's an absolute sweetie - love the colours.

Faye said...

Wow, wow, wow! This is fantastic. The details are fantastic, colouring fantastic, you fantastic! xxx

Related Posts with Thumbnails