Monday, September 5, 2011

Steamin' hot-hot-hot

Hi my friends! Long time, no see - I know. Been trying to juggle full-time work and the not-so-lethal-but-incredibly-draining plague that has bestowed it's not-so-gracious attentions upon me. And my son.

So, before it gets really cold and damp I would like to show you a really warm and summery card. It was first published in Whimsy Magazine along with loads of inspiration and tips from the rest of Whimsy DT so click on this link and get yourself a nice cup of coffee. You'll be there for a while!

I used Bathing Beauty from Whimsy Stamps and combined it with The Beach digi stamp from Make It Crafty. I stamped Good Life Tickets on acetate in white and black Stazon, cut them out and layered slightly askew so it looks like white letters have a shadow. More readable that way. I also used bits from Vintage Bottle Labels Background behind the image.
The image was coloured with a combination of different things: Faber-Castell Polychromos pencils and Caran 'Dache Swisscolour Water Soluble Pencils (30-tin). I used soft pastels to do the sky - don't know the brand as I got the box from discount store, works totally fine for my needs. I laid down the yellow first, rubbed with paper towel and then added orange, violet and red, blending them all with paper towel again.for a last thing I added some white on horizon, to indicate the sharp last light of setting sun.

I used Faber-Castell and Caran D'Ache pencils for the girl because they allow more detail and obscure the outlines less.
There is also a lot of Make It Crafty chipboard on this card - Butterfly Leaves, Filigree Borders, Swirly Corners, Mix n Match centres.
The papers are from Basic Grey Hello Luscious pad. I guess it is very much my sort of a card because it gave me chance to get happily mucky with all sorts of paints and sprays. Because it was originally for the magazine I actually have a list, you can giggle if you want to thinking of all that going on one card!
Winsor and Newton acrylic paints in White, Yellow Ochre, Permanent Sap Green and Gold
Tattered Angels glimmer Mists in Cinnamon, Coffee and Gold

It was a real fun card to make and I hope it was a fun card to look at too!!

Challenges I'm entering  
Gingerloft (1st week) Create a Sky 
I Did It Creations - Girly Girls 
Kenny K Krafty Girlz  Vintage/Grunge 
One Stitch At A Time - Use a Digi

Opus Gluei - (2nd week) Roses or Rosettes
Stamptacular Sunday - Must use a stamp - Anything Goes (It's my first time doing a sunset that way)
Cupcake Inspirations - Photo Inspiration*
Drunken Stampers - Fruity Summer Day Cocktails
Ellephantastic - September Here come the girls    
Sweet Stampin -  Anything but Birthday
Cardmadfairy's Digi Days Challengeadd flowers  
Kelley Kid's -  hot Summer/bright colors 
Flutterby Wednesdays -  #169 celebrate

Big hugs!


49 comments:

Sylvia Blum said...

this is incredibly amazing, Annika!
love the idea of stamping the ticket sentiments on acetate.. so clever!
{hugs} Sylvia

Crafty Loops said...

Wow, this is a really terrific card. Sorry to hear you and your wee son havent been well, hopefully you are both fighting fit again. Lee xx

Mary J said...

Amazing creation Annika!

I hope you and your son recover soon - must be awful!!

marion said...

What a summer feeling I get from this card, love the way you've made the tickets, it's really stunning how you made them, thanks so much for this idea. Great card. Hugs, Marion

Christina C. said...

Wow, Annika, what a phenomenal card.....love the scene you created for this bathing beauty!!!!!

MAODREN said...

Quelle magnifique carte
J'aime beaucoup la colorisation

Trina said...

Amazing! Love all the thought you put into the details...

Casper said...

Hiya there Annika,

How are you?

THIS IS AMAZING and the scene setting is fab too!
Fantastic colouring!

Thank you for joining us this week at Kelley kid's Challenges!
Hope to see you again next week!
Good Luck!

Take care
Big Hugs
Casper (Dt)
xxx

Rene said...

This is STUNNING and colored so perfectly! Wow! Just amazing!
Thank you so much for joining us at Cupcake Inspirations this week!
Rene :D

Crystal said...

Annika WOW WOW girl this is totally GORGEOUS, your scene you created looks awesome and I LOVE how you colored the water!!!! Beautiful sweetie!! Hope you and your son are feeling better really soon!!!

Anneke said...

Hi Annika, this card is really amazing girl!! You have colored this so beautiful :) And I love the idea for the tickets, thanks for so much inspiration :)
Hugs Anneke

Dorcas said...

What a fab card, Annika! I love the sunset!

Geneviève aka Muscade said...

Your coloring is always so STUNNING! Really love your coloring... Love all the details on your card!

Thanks for joining us at Kelley Kid's Challenge!

Lau W said...

This is a so wonderful card, wow, details are fantastic !
xxx

Rosemary said...

Oh my gosh, if this was half as fun to make as it is to see, then you enjoyed yourself thoroughly! Love the vintage postcard feel of this with the va va va voom bathing beauty, the rich sunset and all the embellishments - it came together wonderful and works really well! Now you are making me want to speed up the calendar and get that Florida vacation of mine underway!

Thanks so much for participating with us at Opus Gluei!

Michelle said...

Hi annika, such a stunning card! i love all teh chipboard shapes , the colours, te gorgeous image and the tickets are very cute! Thanks for joining us for this months Ellephantastic Challenge
hugs
Michelle
Elle DT
xx

Anonymous said...

Hello Annika
wow a lovely card, great design and a gorgeous coloration.
**Karla

Tine said...

Hi Annika. Totally brilliant card, with perfect colouring & fab embellishment too.
Tine :)

Jennifer M. said...

Wow! This card is amazing. The coloring is gorgeous. It deserves a frame really.

Very very pretty!
Jen

Marlene said...

Your card making skills ROCK. You've never made an "average" card. Every single one of your cards are BEAUTIFUL. Yes!!!

Cindy Groh said...

Fabulous card. Thanks for playing at I Did it Creations this week.

debby4000 said...

Oh I love your gorgeous card, love all the details.
luv
Debby

Archies Mum said...

Lovely card, your colouring is amazing (as always). Really liking the chipboard you've used. Sorry to hear you've been unwell, hope you are now on the mend. Wouldn't mind being on your tropical beach now (the weather has gone so autumnal) - then again would also love to have a figure that looks like hers lol.

Amy Johnson said...

Welcome to my world of working FT and trying to balance a home and still have time to do the things you love: like papercrafting!

Love your card. The coloring and detail are amazing as always. I love the sentiment tags on vellum, so you can still the image underneath.

Marianne-db said...

WoW! This is absolutely fantastic!! What a perfect card with so many details! Lovely :-)
Thanks for joining Stamptacular this week!
Hugs, Marianne

Helen Laurence said...

WOW she's coming with some style to our here come the girls challenge!!
Thank you for entering x

Chris said...

If I looked like that chickie I'd be living in my bathing suit. And your beach scene is so outrageously colored. and then there's all your embellies, they look great. this card is perfect!
thanks for playing with us at Cupcake Inspirations, I hope to see you again.

Tracey T said...

What amazing colouring Annika! This is a fabulous creation. Thank you for playing at Sweet Stampin' this week. Tracey x

Tammylee said...

This is so very cute! I love all the details in it. Thanks for taking part in Kelley Kid's & IDIC challenges this week.

Tammylee
IDIC DT
Kelley Kid's DT Coordinator

susan said...

WOW! Goergeous, colorful, beautifully done and chock full of elements. Stunning card! Thank you for joining us at I DID IT CREATIONS CHALLENGE # 71! Good Luck!

Josephine said...

Absolutely stunning!

Thanks for joining us at One Stitch at a Time this week, and good luck.

Gaynor Greaves said...

Oh my what a stunning card, I love this, your details are amazing, I love everything about it, thanks for sharing with us at Gingerloft and good luck, hope to see you again, Gaynor DT :)

EmbossingQueen said...

Another fantastic card Annika. Have missed your posts. Hope you are feeling better and getting back into the swing of full time work. I made a sunset picture recently and struggled with the water part, my colours merged too much and I ended up with greeny coloured water. I love how you have done yours, it looks sensational!

Tracy said...

Absolutely amazing Annika! The coloring is just out of this world. I've been playing with my pencils but can't get the skin tones right. Your pin up girl is just terrific!

Patty Sue 2 said...

Totally amazing! I am in awe! Thanks for joining us this week at KKKG's challenge this week!

Vicky said...

Just so gorgeous hun....

thanks for joining us at Sweet Stampin...and good luck...!

hugs Vicky xx

Tamara Morton said...

Another truly delicious card! love the background!!
Hugs
Tamara

Alina said...

awesome, Annika, the tickets look fantastic, thanks for the inspiration!
hugs, Alina

Wendy Ramlakhan said...

I'm so sorry it's been so long since I last stopped by. Life got a little busy over the summer. :) Gorgeous card, and I see that your coloring is better than ever my friend. Love the tickets stamped on acetate, thanks for the inspiration!!

Hugs,
Wendy

Pop's Cards said...

Hi sweetie this is just stunning i love the colours fabulous,hugs pops x

Davi said...

Wow Anikka this is amazing!! I love all the lovely embellies ( cool tickets) and your coloring never fails to astound me!! Hope you feel better soon :)

Jenni said...

Fabulous, the details are awesome - I particularly like the acetate tickets. Thanks so much for joining in with the Cardmadfairy challenge this week.
Jenni x

Xushenka said...

Wow, that is a beautiful card! Your coloring is exquisite. :)

Elena said...

OOMYYGOOOD, this is AMAZING!! A masterpiece, an incredible creation... darling, you're super! Every detail, every chip and flower, every touch of pencil is perfect!

Hugs,
Elena

Grenouille Greetings said...

STUNNING colour work! Fab design elements! I love your acetate tickets. The perfect card for our challenge at Stamptacular Sunday! Thank you so much for playing along with us! Hugs, Lesley

sparklingblackrose said...

This is fantastic-fabulous details! Thank you so much for joining us at OSAAT this week, hope to see you again soon! Elaine DT -xxx- p.s I have candy if you would like to pop over and enter :-)

Julies Crafty Creations said...

This is fantastic, love everything about it, colouring is stunning, love the layout and the embellishments. Thanks for joining in with our challenge over at OSAAT and good luck. Julie DT

Kristen H said...

This is HOT HOT HOT! WOW!

WOW! I am speechless! I love it. Your coloring is amazing! I am in AWE!

Thank you for joining in with us Gluei Gals!

arjette said...

Woowww what an awesome card!!! Thanks for joining us at KennyK's challenge!

gr. arjette.

Related Posts with Thumbnails