Saturday, April 30, 2011

To err is human

And as you can see from this card I am most definitely VERY human.
You see, the challenge at Make It Colourful is Black With A Splash Of Red and it doesn NOT have to be monochromatic but for some reason I understood that I needed to make a monochromatic card.

Oh well. Here it is.
The image is brand new Tank Girl from Tiddly Inks who is also sponsoring this weeks challenge.

Background cool house is an immensely early preview from Make It Crafty which doesn't even have a name yet!

I used the whole range of warm greys and a touch of 100 (black).
Reds are R39/37/24/01/000
Most of highlight areas in blck/grey are given a tiny touch of R000 or R01 to echo the red sky.
For a red sky I scribbled someR01 and R24 on acrylic block, wetted sky area by area with W1, picked up some red from the block with my W1 and carried it into the sky near the horizon in light sweeping motions. Basically used reds as paint and W1 as a brush.
The papers (lush ones which I mainly covered up, duh) are from Echo Park For The Record 6x6 pad. The super cool cogs are laser cut chipboard, covered with glue stick and then hot embossed - doesn't it look fab!!

And I couldn't resist wrapping some Divine Twine I got from Quixotic around the card too. Twine makes me happy. 'Nuf said.

Challenges
 Sugar Creek Hollow  - 3E, SIO - Embossing 
Crafts 4 Eternity Recipe Challenge - 3E - R#16: Anything goes
Fairy Fun Fridays - 2W, SIO – 2nd wk - #51: April showers bring May flowers (showers or flowers)
Just Add Ink - JAI 66: Just add a flower
Simply Create - 2W - 2nd wk - Challenge #42: Time to rock the metal
4 Crafty Chicks - Challenge #35: Distressing
Simply Scrapping Copic Challenge - 1E, must use Copics - Colour something white.
Stamp Insanity - SIO - 2nd wk - Challenge #SISC56: Use metal
Crafts and Me - #32 vintage/distress
Scrapbook Sisters - #33 distress


Thank you so much for visiting and happy crafting!
Hugs


35 comments:

Crafty Lynz said...

Wow!!! i think this is my most favorite card i've ever seen! I love the colouring, the embelishments and completely adore the house thing in the background!!! x

Mickymunchkin's little space said...

this card is absolutely fantastic!!! Simply love it, and even though it's not quite what was asked for, it is absolutely amazing! Boah, well done!
Micky

Unknown said...

lol.. you are funny, however I woyuld have thought of monochromatic too!! This is lovely.. the colouring is totally jaw dropping... xx

Anonymous said...

This is really amazing coloring Annika. Your scenes are fabulous! Love the gears and your splash of red flower. Gorgeous! hugs, Angela

Tracy Valure said...

This is fabulous! It reminds me of a movie. LOve the monochromatic tones you have used with the red. It's just brilliant. They images look to be made for each other!
Tracy

Renkata said...

Such a cool card Annika.
Amazing design and the details are just FAB!

heidy said...

Wow,just Wow!!!!!
Hugs Heidy

JLJ Designs said...

Awesome card Annika! I love the embellishments and the coloring and the whole thing :) I totally feel the sentiment.

Jen

Marilyn said...

Fab card... every time you look at it, you see something new that you missed the time before. Just great!

Unknown said...

Wow Annika, I am speechless!
Hugs Ageeth xx

Dorcas said...

Well it all worked out though, didn't it? I love the monochrome with a splash of red (in all the right places). And I like the sentiment letter squares, really terrific creative card!

Christy/Tiddly Inks Digitals said...

I love, love, love this...amazing layout and I am so getting that house from Zoe when it comes out. LOL

Your coloring always floors me but this one is fantastic. Thanks for such an inspiring card. :)

Cor* said...

I HAD to come over from the MIC challenge where I saw this! HOLY WOW this is absolutely fantastic. I love all the details from the sky to the embellies.....images, coloring and oOOOOOoooooooooooooo I could go on and on! FABBY! Thanks so much for sharing!

angelwhispers said...

So glad you needed to do monochrome Annika its just awesomw!!!! WOW WOW WOW I love it!! everything about it is just so beautiful and amazing!! Chanelle xxx

Amy Johnson said...

Wow! This has got to be the most unique and creative card I've ever seen. You are such an artist!

Zoe said...

LOL Niks, you are so hard on yourself. I am not sure where on earth you think you went wrong with this card cause I just look at it hoping it's making it's way to ME!!!!! What does Rubes say?? DIBS!!! Not only is your colouring out of this world but I LOVE LOVE LOOOOOVE the way you have added all the embellies. And the sentiment!! Totally ROCKS GF!! hugs xxxooo

Crafteezee said...

I'm not going to believe you anymore when you say you've made the worst card ever! It's totally amazing, just love it. It also reminds me of a movie, can't think of the name of it though, lol. You are an artist! Hugs Tracy x

Archies Mum said...

Wow I am so loving the grey with just a touch of red. Your card is amazing

Anonymous said...

Oh! I like it really like it, red and black are such stunning colors, you've just made this so pretty. :)

Janine - Ellabella said...

OMG--->AMAZING CARD!!!

Linda Coughlin, the funkie junkie said...

Oh. My. God. I want this. This is absolutely fantabulous - utter perfection! And I don't mean just your coloring, which is always at that level. I mean every single amazing detail and embellishment. I got so excited when I examined that zipper, lace and sequin embellie in the corner it almost made me pee my pants. I swear you are the most amazing craft artist around!!!

Always so fun to drop by here!

Hugs,
Linda

Shazza said...

this is amazing x

Iulia said...

This is definitely a work of art, Annika! I really don't know what else to add, it's utter perfection! You are definitely the gratest artist around!
You should thank your second child for giving you the chance to start cardmaking while he/she was in your tummy:))This was also a great chance for the world to admire and get inspired from your beautiful creations!
Hugz, Iulia

Janice said...

This is simply amazing! Too many likes to list, just amazing! Thanks for playing Simply Create this week!

pinky said...

WOW what else can I say!! Thanks for playing along with us at C4E this week.
Pinky

ike said...

WOWZA - this is sooo cool. I love everything about it and adore your style. Thanks for joining us at Simply Create.

Ike xx
SC DT

Leanne said...

Thanks for playing this week at 4 Crafty Chicks, great take on the challenge!

Lori Turner said...

I totally LOVE this card! Look at all that distressing! Thanks for playing at 4 Crafty Chicks this week!

michele said...

fabulous card! thanks for joining us at c4e this week hugs x

Mia said...

I'm stunned!! Such a super cool card! Have a nice day! Hugs from sweden

Heide said...

Super cool card! Love the Black and white with the splash of red. very industrial look. Super embellishments.
Thanks for joining us at SCH.
Hugs, Heide

Barbara Sproatmeyer (LM2) said...

This is soo cool and look at that effect on the gears - awesome!! I really love this card and the little splashes of red in the paper and on her boots are just the right amount. I love how you colored the background - it looks like high hedges with a sun set - very effective! *Hugs BamBam

Crafting Queen said...

Stunning card!

Angela said...

Annika, I love this. The red and black look awesome and your whole layout,embellishments, image and of course you coloring is so stunning. Thanks for joining us at Crafts and Me Challenges.
Hugs:)
Angela

Unknown said...

congrats on the top 3 over at SC, and thanks so much for playing along with us!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails