Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Fabulous news and a little card

It never rains but pours! :) I was invited to join a DT of new fabulous challenge blog Sentimental Sundays and I cheerfully jumped at the chance! It's a really fun challenge which is all about sentiments. The challenges are on Sundays and there's always a set of freebie sentiments for grabs as well.
Go check it out and say hello to the fantastic DT Ann has put together! I will shortly put a list of our DT on my side bar as well, having a bit of a crazy couple of days!

Now to the card! It's a really quick one this time - I haven't participated in 2 Sketches 4 You challenge for ages and I REALLY loved their sketch for this week. So I had to rummage in my stash and throw together a little fun (at least I think so) project.

That cute apron is from Isabella's Sketchbook, printed on pearlescent card, heat embossed and colored with Copics.

The papers are from October Afternoon and Lily Bee, stickers are OA, chipboard circle from Scenic Route, brad is MM, punch EK Success, ribbon and lace from my stash.

Sewing was done by hand, the panel behind image was first stamped with a sentiment from Tanda Stamps and then fully covered in transluscent glitter. Which, OF COURSE, doesn't show on the picture. The chipboard is painted with Shabby Shutter crackle paint and sprinkled with a wee bit of the same glitter as background. The papers were aged with The Old Paper distress ink.

I would like to enter that card into those challenges as well:
Shabby Tea Room - Chipboard

Papertake
- Shiny, Sparkly and Special

Digital Tuesday
- Make Me Laugh

Totally Gorjuss - Pink and Green

Crafty Cardmakers - Distressing

Thanks for looking and happy crafting!

Hugs
Annika


30 comments:

Sylvia Blum said...

Hey Annika, congrats on your new DT spot :)
Beautiful card for 2S4Y!!! Your cards are always special... not matter what style you are using :)
{hugs} Sylvia

Cec said...

Big congratulations on your DT appointment! This is a terrific card and I love the sentiment. Your embellishments are always so fabulous. I guess I am going to have to start buying online because my local Michaels doesn't carry this neat stuff. Don't let me come for a visit because you would have to check my pockets when I leave-lol.
Hugs!
Cec

Marlene said...

Congratulations!!! Doesn't surprise me...you're UBER TALENTED!!!!

Love your card....you just have some of the neatest stuff, girl.

Debbie said...

Annika ... this is BEAUTIFUL! I {heart} pink and green toghether! All those scallops look good enough to 'eat' - yum! So much detail -- just lovely! Thanks for sharing with us in the Tea Room this week :) Congrats on your DT news - I've participated over there and it's a FUN spot to play :)

Nicole said...

Great card! Love all of those scallops - clever! :) Thanks for playing along with us at The Shabby Tea Room! :)

Tara said...

Huge congrats on being chosen Annika, well done you ;o) I'm sure you'll create some beautiful cards...... and this one is stunning, it has a real retro feel!
Hugs Tara xx

Roxx.T Barnes said...

Congratulations Annika..

Tammy said...

Congratulations hun!! Wow...you have been on a roll here lately and I have a feeling that your DT calls are only just beginning!! I love your card. So beautiful!!!

Melissa said...

Congrats on the DT honor - I can see why you'd be chosen Your card this week is beautiful. I love the pink and green together and the twill ribbon is awesome. Thanks for joining us at TSTR!

Theresa's Studio said...

Congrats on your DT honor. Great card. And I ck'd out Sentiments...great place.

Fleer said...

I fell in love with this card! Excellent work!

Sharon said...

Congratulations on your new DT post Annika. That is wonderful. This card is stunning. Just love it. Good luck with all those challenges. Hugs Sharon

Anne said...

Congratulations Annika!

I was on a DT with Ann some time back and she is a very, very talented crafter, you'll have a lot of fun with any DT she runs:)

Viv said...

Another fab creation Annika! Love everything about it!
Congrats on your DT post too, just make sure you don't run out of time for everything! LOL!

Liz Corrigan said...

Congrats on your DT post. Lovely card and great colour scheme. Rosie x

Ann English said...

Congratulations to you, too my friend. I am thrilled to be working with you on two DTs-your work is exquisite and this card is incredible, my dear! So very sorry to hear about the dog-what a heartbreak.

Michele Gross said...

Darling card! Congrats on your DT! Sounds like a fun challenge site!

Lisa said...

Congrats Annika on your new DT position, I can see why they picked you! You're work is stunning and this apron card is absolutely adorable!!! Hope everything is looking up in your world!
{Hugs} Lisa

Jessica Theodore said...

Sometimes the sentiments are the focus of my cards, so 'll be popping over to check it out for sure! Just wanted to say I love the way you layer your embellishments on your cards, always perfect xx

Audrey Pettit said...

This is so, so, so, so cute! I love the polka dots and all the green, and your design is just fabulous. Thanks for playing along with us at The Shabby Tea Room and congrats on your new DT.

cnelson said...

Love this in every way possible!!!

JACKIE M said...

Congratulations and well done Annika.

Jackie :)

papertrails leaver said...

A huge congrats on the DT! I love the sentiment on your card! LOL! That apron image is fantastic!

Ellibelle said...

Oh wow, this is just gorgoeus! Love the colors, those scallops looks fantastic!
Congrats on the sentimental sundays DT spot! And many thanks for playing the DTC!!

Ingrid Danvers said...

Your card is gorgeous. I just love the pink and green together. So beautiful!

Julie Riley said...

Fab creation well done. Thank you for joining us at crafty cardmakers xx

Anonymous said...

Annika, congratulations!!! I love your work and am glad that you will be able to spread your art around!!

Unknown said...

oh my how fabulous is this!!! Love those scallops :)
Thanks for joining us at 2S4Y this week!
:) Kazan

Maria Matter said...

Gorgeous hun! I love this whole design here!!
We are goddesses aren't we!!!
Thank you for making us laugh @ Digital Tuesday this week!
blessings, Maria

Anne-Marije said...

Hi Annika,
Congratulations with your DT spot! Your card is amazing as usual.
Thanks for joining us at Digital Tuesday Challenge.
xxx Anne-Marije

Related Posts with Thumbnails