Friday, August 13, 2010

Phindy's Challenge - Pretty In Pink

Friday is Phindy day!!! And what a challenge - Pretty In Pink!

It seems that I hardly ever do a proper "pink thing" any more. I guess I never was a pink-pink girl. I DO own some pink hoodies though, just in case you doubt my sanity or femininity or something like that.

I don't look half as posh as this fabulous dame on my card - hoodies just won't cut it. Overall shape is pretty similar though.



The image is, of course, from Phindy's phabulous store. Oh DO check it out, I still can't believe my luck getting to play with her artwork every week!



Image was coloured with Copic Markers and finished off with Sakura glitter pens and fine glitter. Did I say "finished off"? I should have said DROWNED IN. The whole card shimmers and sparkles - the papers are either glittery or pearlized and I added some freehand swirls with dimensional pearls as well!!



Copic Markers:
Skin: R02/01/00/0000
Dress, scarf: R85/83/81/0000
Boa: C05/03/01/00
Background: BG10/11/13/000

SUPPLIES:
IMAGE: Phindy
Coloring Medium: Copic Markers, Sakura Stardust pens
Inks: Memento
Paper: SEI
Accessories: Liquid Pearls, Stickles, flat back pearls, ultra fine glitter
Tools: ATG adhesive gun, Big Shot,  glue gel, Purple Cow guillotine,Martha Stewart scoring board


Now all that remains to do is wander off to Phindy's Challenge Blog and check out all the fabulousness on offer - our DT rocks!

I would like to enter the following challenges:
Sketch Saturday - sketch
The Pink Elephant - Summer Fun
Wild Orchid Crafts - one for the girls
Creative Card Crew - Cute & Girly
Digital Tuesday - Butterflies and/or Lace
Sweet Stampin' Challenge - Pretty in Pink
Wee Memories - Butterflies
Flutter By Wednesdays- Open Challenge
My Time to Craft - Farm Fever


Thanks for looking and happy crafting!
Hugs


31 comments:

Marley said...

Oh I loveee this card!! Such a fun image; awesome coloring!! xxMarley

singerlia said...

i'm PeopLe Indonesian.......
and Leave in indonesia.....

Can i be Your friend or follow your bLog?????

SYLVIA-ANNE said...

Fabulously decadent card Annika!! Pink is a favourite of mine, so of course I love it!! I agree - Phindy's images are fabulous (and so are your cards)!
Hugs, Sylvia xx

Lesley said...

Gorgeous card, lovely image and great colouring! Thanks for taking part in the MTTC challenge xx

debby4000 said...

Oh what a great image Annika, fabulous card.
luv
Debby

Sylvia said...

Goodness... that's so beautiful, cute and fun! Totally love this card! And thanks for posting the close ups so we can see the adorable
*bling*... absolutely wonderful creation, Annika!
Wishing you and your loved ones a wonderful, sunny and relaxed weekend!!
{big hugs} Sylvia

Suzi said...

How Ca...ute is this image, love it, the colouring and the pretty butterfly's. A real sweet card.
Hugs
Suzi x

Paul said...

I'm enjoying having a look at all these farm inspired cards - loads of wonderful ideas. Being a country boy, I really enjoyed this challenge and really like farm animal cards and projects. Thanks for drawing my attention to your blog and letting me visit.
TFS
Paul

Netty said...

Miss Piggy did make me laugh, she's fab. Terrific card Annika. Have a great day. Annette x

Dorcas said...

Are you a hoodie girl, too? I LIVE in hoodies in the cooler weather and frumpy pajama bottoms. (shhhh...lol) But now its hot so its flip flops and frumpy shorts!
Love your coloring here. the glitter is perfectly placed. You did very well. :-)

Tammy said...

CUTE CUTE CUTE!!! Your cards are always so amazing. I really love the design of this one and what yummy paper!! All of the butterflies are perfect as is your coloring of course!!! I JUST LOVE THIS!!!

Ann said...

Heehee, what a fun card! Love all the sparkle, too! Thanks for playing with us Wee Memories girls!

Shirley said...

Anna, she's absolutely stunning in her glitzy dress. I've got to have me some of those pens. This card is beautiful and funny.

Shirley said...

Anna, she's absolutely stunning in her glitzy dress. I've got to have me some of those pens. This card is beautiful and funny.

Danni said...

Oh my did this make me smile! What a fun card!! Thank you for playing along with my flutter by challenge!

Kim said...

Annika this is absolutely GORGEOUS! I Love all of the pink!!! :) Gorgeous coloring and love the background around your image it's amazing! Thanks for joining us at WOC!
Hugs~ Kim

Ms. Jen said...

He He He, i simply love this image. Your coloring,as always, is to die for! I wanna start doing a bit of coloring on the backgrounds of my images as well. Just need to figure out where to start. This image so reminds me of my 3 besties. Long story, but thanks for the happy memories!

Dianne said...

This card brought a smile to my face. It is soooo cute !! As always, your coloring is fantastic.

Hugs,
Dianne

Jill said...

beautiful card what a fun image! thanks for joining us at Sweet Stampin challenge hugs Jill xx

Marlene said...

What a SUPER cute card! How do you make your circles? Die cut?

Phindy said...

Using a digi piggy for the "Pretty in Pink" challenge is an inspired idea, Annika - she is perfect! Love her glamor and sparkle and your gorgeous coloring - but I especially love those grey, pearly butterflies!
Phindy

Cheryl said...

She's fabulous dah'ling! Gorgeous pink card!

karlinchen50 said...

Hi Annika
What is great for color and the lady, the details are perfect!
Hugs Karla

Michelle said...

That pig has sas! Such a fun card...totally makes me smile! Thanks for joining us at FBW this week - keep fluttering :)

Anne said...

What a glamourpuss - can a pig be a glamourpuss? LOL Annika this is just adorable, love all the shimmer and those butterflies, she looks ready to rock!

Hugs
Anne

Julie M said...

Fab card, Annika - you've made that pig look trés glamorous!! Love all the sparkles too!

From another not pink-pink girl!

Julie x

Oops - nearly forgot to say - thanks for joining us at Creative Card Crew this week!!!

Ann English said...

Too stinkin' cute! Love what you did with Phindy's Diva pig-the glam and glitter-perfect!

Maria Matter said...

omgosh, what a fun image! This is gorgeous Annika!!
Thank you for playing along with us @ Digital Tuesday & Creative Card Crew!!!
blessings!

mycardz said...

Just adorable! I had to grab my sunglasses for this one - sparkles galore! I love it. Fantastic job embellishing this beauty! Just a perfect card annika! hugz, Mary

Chrissie said...

She's a real sweetie, I love the twinkle on her!
Thanks so much for joining our challenges at the Creative Card Crew and MTTC this time!
Chrissie

paulssandy said...

ha ha ha, what a fun image. The glitter was an excellent idea, even if you drentched it, lol. It looks marvolous.

Thank you for entering it in this weeks Digital Tuesday Challenge.

Related Posts with Thumbnails