Sunday, July 25, 2010

Sentimental Sundays - A Funny Card

Happy Sunday to you and welcome to a new challenge at Sentimental Sundays! :) This week we are looking for a funny cards and the only other condition is that it ould have a sentiment on card front!

Now my household has been very hectic last couple of weeks and will be the same for another while so I was looking for something reasonably quick to colour. Hence this fun image from Mo:

The card came together fairly quickly, I only had a chance to start it well past 10 o'clock in the evening and I was finished by 12.15. This is almost shocking speed for me. I guess it could have used a bit more twiddling but one needs to sleep occasioanlly, especially considering that both of my moleculs have built in alarm clocks that tend to go off about 6 o'clock in the morning.

Copic Markers:
Skin: E13/21/00/000
Hair: E49/47/44/71
Towel: R39/85/83/81, G99, YG95
Shadow:E39/37/35/33/31/41/40, 0
Scales: BG4913/32/11/10

SUPPLIES:
IMAGE: Mo's Digital Pencil, sentiment Elzybells
Coloring Medium: Copic Markers
Paper: My Minds Eye, Neenah card for image
Accessories: flowers, gem swirls, skeleton leaves
Tools: ATG adhesive gun, glue gel, Purple Cow guillotine, emery board for sanding the edges of paper,  Martha Stewart scoring board,

I would like to enter following challenges:
Simon Says Challenge - Sketch
Paper Playtime - Flower Power
Wild Orchid Crafts - Say it With Flowers
Just Inspirational - Use a Digi Image
The Pink Elephant - Color Challenge:  Brown
 Practical Scrappers - Use Your Stash That's Older Than 1 Year (skeleton leaves. yeah. and I had to take them out of their packaging, so NEVER used)
Raise the Bar - Distressed, Torn, Ripped, Broken
 Stamp, Scrap & Doodle Saturdays - Use a digital image

Thanks for looking and happy crafting!
Hugs


30 comments:

Crystal said...

EEEEKKKK girl I LOVE these colors....Oh my goodness...That sentiment and that image is sooo fabulous!!!!!! OOOOO WEEE I LOVE those flowers too.....FANTASTIC creation Annika

Kimberly S said...

Love it! Perfect pairing of your image and sentiment. Of course your coloring is beautiful! :)

Elisa said...

Great card and fabulous colours.Elisa.x

Renkata said...

Anika , your quick card is amaizing.
I love how you created the shoadow, look so pretty.

Debbie Schneider said...

Once again your work is fabulous - I love the image and the saying is absolutely perfect!! I love how you colored the towel - it actually looks very real. Love your coloring!!

Faye said...

Oh, I wish I lived near you so I could get my mitts on your stash!! I love the flowers and bling, and it's a great image. Hope your day is not too hectic. xxx

Julie said...

LOL tell Faye that I've already bagged any houses coming vacant in your area,I want to come play!!!! I love how you've captured the fluffyness of that towel,brilliant!.x

Lynne said...

What a great card!! and the sentiment is something I say on a daily basis lol - :o) xx Lynne xx

Di said...

Fabulous again Hun!
love it!
Hugs Di xxx

Wilma said...

Really stunning! What a fabulous card you've made!

Cheryl Nelson said...

so darling!! love, love, LOVE it!

Wendy said...

That sentiment is my motto everyday...when do I start the diet!!! LOL Love the card, it rocks girlfriend!

Dorcas said...

The way you colored that towel is fab!! Overall, great card. ONe i think we all can relate to!

Ms. Jen said...

Love it! Your coloring is fantastic!

Anesha said...

Beautiful card!!!

Alice & Crafts said...

Another lovely card, Annika! And...I love those skeleton leaves...;-) Alice xxx

critterbugg365 said...

This is so so so cute! I love all the detail and that sentiment!
TFS at Paper Playtime
Sandra

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

This so beautifully done Annika!! Sweet image!! I know what you mean about the lack of time and sleep. I commend you on doing an awesome job in a short amount of time. Gorgeous!!
hugs,
Chris

Ann English said...

Wow, Annika, another winner-I LOVE it! So, how long does it take you to create a card on average?! Do you ever part with them? If so, how?

Netty said...

Fab Fab Fab, Annette x

Mina said...

shes great Annika and of course your colour choice as always is amazing for her...I love those flowers..yummy
Mina xxx

Marlene said...

I love this Mo's image!!!!! Beautiful!!! I have this one, and you've inspired me to play with it!

Cheryl said...

This is a fun, fabulous card! Geez girl - your coloring just wows me. I swear the towel looks fluffy and textured.

Kendra said...

What a cute digi from Mo's! I wish I was better with digi's cause she has some gorgeous ones! Thanks for using your digi this week at SSDS!

Jodi said...

What a cute image and perfect Sentiment!! I love the coloring and card layout too!!
Hugs
Jodi =)

debby4000 said...

Oh Annika, fabulous card, love the image.
luv
Debby

CraftyC said...

Stunning card Annika, beautifully embellished!
Clairex

Wendy said...

great card, just love this image, thanks for joining us at JI challenges blog

Daniele said...

what a fab fun card that is so me Monday is diet day thanks for joining us J I challenge hugs

Karen Howard said...

Wow, this is really stunning! Love your creation and the details are fabulous!

If you love challenges you are sure to love my new blog: http://www.felineplayful.blogspot.com/

Hope you will stop by!
Hugs, Karen

Related Posts with Thumbnails