Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Isabella's Challenge - Use 3D, paper tole or decoupage

Hi, and welcome to a new challenge at Isabella's!! Have you seen the new design on our challenge blog??? It's so pretty!!!

I am trying to start with my Christmas cards so I used this beautiful ornate bird from Isabella's Sketchbook store.


I printed it 3 times and cut out some parts to create a dimensional feel.

The papers are from Websters Pages and I also added some pearlescent vellum embossed with a Cuttlebug folder. The panel behind the bird is embossed with Tim Holtz folder.


The ribbon, lace and poinsettias are from my stash, I added some Stickles to the petals and centers of flowers.I didn't really want to use piles of embellies as the paper is just too pretty to cover up!


Copic colours:
BG72, B01, C1, YR61, YR00, YR0000, Y28, Y32, Y0000, o

And if you don't have any of Isabella's images yet, she has a sale on in her store for today only so hurry! All the images will be only 2 USD!!!

SUPPLIES:
IMAGE: Isabella's Sketchbook
Coloring Medium: Copic Markers
Paper: Websters Pages, pearlescent vellum, Neenah card for image
Accessories: lace, ribbon,  flowers,   Stickles
Tools: ATG adhesive gun, Big Shot, paper piercer, glue gel, Purple Cow guillotine, Martha Stewart scoring board, Cuttlebug folder, Tim Holttz embossing folder


I would like to enter following challenges:
Oh la la - Christmas in July
Paper Playtime - Flower Power
Cute Card Thursday - Get a Head Start (on your Christmas cards)
Just Inspirational - Something Vintage
Alphabet Challenge - L is for Lace
Just Add Ink - Embossing
KL Stampin' & Scrappin' - Use Ribbon
Creative Craft World - Holidays
Magical Crafts - Christmas in July
Wild Orchid Challenge - flowers


Thanks for looking and happy crafting!
Hugs


40 comments:

Debbie said...

Beautiful card Annika,love the flower accents,Hugs Debbie x

Rhonda Emery said...

so elegant. great work.

Lynne said...

I love this!! Such a unique christmas card - the bird is gorgeous and I love the way you have used the lace and flowers - beautiful :o) xx Lynne xx

Cec said...

Absolutely gorgeous. I love the papers and the flowers are fabulous. You have the best stash:)
Hugs!
Cec

Peri said...

Another lovely card Annika - although I've come to expect no less from you! Beautiful colouring, as always.
Hugs
Peri x

Crystal said...

Okay sweetie my mouth just hit the floor...This is such a stunner sweetie!

Lisa said...

BEAUTIFUL card! I love the softness of it, and the layers of lace, paper, and ribbon goodness! Thanks for joining us at Paper Playtime this week!

Lisa said...

BEAUTIFUL card! I love the softness of it, and the layers of lace, paper, and ribbon goodness! Thanks for joining us at Paper Playtime this week!

Cheryl Nelson said...

wowzers! so incredibly gorgeous! I'm so in love with this color scheme! The embossing is just fab!

karlinchen50 said...

Hello
a beautiful Card and beautiful details.
Hugs Karla

Tini said...

wow Annika....what a elegant card! Very fine!
Hugs Tini

Wendy said...

Another stunning card, I am enjoing looking at all the entries for our vintage challenge.
love all the papers and the flowers are stunning.
Thanks for joining in at J.I Challenges

Renkata said...

Very beautiful card. Great design.

Debbie Schneider said...

Oh my gosh - just when I thought I saw the most beautiful card ever (the one you made yesterday) this is also one of the most beautiful cards I have ever seen - you are truly amazing!!!!!

Janis said...

This is so beautiful! Thanks for playing in paper with us this week at Paper Playtime. :) Janis

Netty said...

Annika, This is the most beautiful Christmas card I have seen for a long time. So gorgeous you talented girl. Annette x

Vanja said...

Stunning card, Annika! Fabulous colouring and layout.
Thank you for joining us at CCT this week! :)
Hugs, Vanja

Viv said...

Well you know I never thought of this image for a christmas card but it is perfect! GORJUSS card again Annika. Viv xx

Linda Coughlin, the funkie junkie said...

I started drooling the minute I saw this and still haven't stopped! I love the sheer elegance of it with the pastels on the image and the white flowers. And the DP you used is a perfect match for the image!

Hope you are having a good day!

Hugs,
Linda

Archies Mum said...

Love your card, it is so beautiful, and the colours you've chosen are gorgeous x

Sue C said...

Beautiful Annika, I love the colours you've used for the bird. Sue C x

Mina said...

beautiful Annika...I love the dove and the embellishments are perfect for it
Mina xxx

Daniele said...

such a beautiful card thanks for joining us at Just Inspirational hugs

JACKIE M said...

Just beautiful Annika, I love the background papers with the swan too, perfect.

Jackie :)

Ann English said...

Oh, Annika-just stunning!!!

Lesley said...

Beautiful card, lovely colours! Thanks for taking part in the Magical Crafts and Alphabet Challenges xx

Joni Parker said...

ohhh..pretty pretty pretty!!! Thanks for joining us at the Alphabet Challenge.

Christine said...

wow the entries for the Vintage challenge is superb, well done on this entry it is gorgeous. Thanks for joining in.

Dawn B. said...

This is so pretty and soft.. I love the way you colored it.. Great job as always Annika.

Marlene said...

Gorgeous!!!

Hey - quick question....what do you shoot with? (Camera...not gun! LOL!)

wej said...

beautiful! =)
-Visit My Blog
or avail
Apple iPad MB292LL/A Tablet (16GB, Wifi)

debby4000 said...

Gorgeous Annika, beautiful image and what wonderful flowers.
luv
Debby

Sharon Keanly said...

Ooh Annika, what a gorgeous card you've made for Isabella this week. Lovely layering. hugs Sharon x

Sandra said...

so pretty
Sandra

Wendy Ramlakhan said...

Another STUNNING card!! Just gorgeous!! Can I be on your Christmas card list? LOL ;)

Rainmac said...

What a gorgeous Christmas card, I love the papers and colours you've used. Thank you for joining us at MCFC, good luck in the draw x

Twin-Katis-PaperScrapworld said...

very beautiful!!! like it.

greetings Kati

Faye said...

This is a stunning Christmas card, I love all the different elements and the fact that it is not traditional Christmas colours. As always, your colouring is sensational. Your tutorial upstairs is also brilliant. Hugs. xxx

Michele said...

Such a beautiful card Annika. Love the colouring of the image and pretty details also. Hugs Michele x

Wendi said...

What a gorgeous card the flowers are so pretty
Thank you so much for playing along with us at ooh la la this week
Wendi

Related Posts with Thumbnails